1. Standard membersteelydan
    the Custerdome
    Bard
    Moves
    08 Jan '05 22:12
    just an idea.
    It would be nice to be able to group My Games into separate personalized subgroups (like the filter function). But....I've often thought it would be VERY nice and convenient to be able to separate the games I feel I'm losing from the games I feel I'm winning. Albeit I'm not playing 100's of games at the moment. I do believe, however that this might be a well-loved function for those of us playing many many games at once.

or maybe we could just assign each of our games its own color (the little box).

steelydan
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 16:331 edit
    Originally posted by steelydan
    just an idea.
    It would be nice to be able to group My Games into separate personalized subgroups (like the filter function). But....I've often thought it would be VERY nice and convenient to be able to separate the games I feel I'm lo ...[text shortened]... ign each of our games its own color (the little box).

steelydan
    The major downfall I see with this is that it will cause people to lollygag even more in games where they can't win. I don't know about the rest of you but people who drag out losing games are a major pet peeve of mine. And while they're not breaking any rules, I don't think this kind of stuff should be encouraged.
  3. Standard membersteelydan
    the Custerdome
    Bard
    Moves
    09 Jan '05 19:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The major downfall I see with this is that it will cause people to lollygag even more in games where they can't win. I don't know about the rest of you but people who drag out losing games are a major pet peeve of mine. And while they're not breaking any rules, I don't think this kind of stuff should be encouraged.

I've read this type of gripe before...

There is a certain type of person who will delay moving into a mate-in-1 until the last second! You can't control that. But, there are about 5 games I'm "losing" right now where I still believe I have a fighting chance. They're far from over. If I was able to group them into a sub-category I would be paying more attention to working them out diligently and giving a good fight!

You know, these personalized sub-categories I speak of in the "My Games" are personalized, so you could divide your games up by ECO code (opening) if you wanted. I got 5 Caro-Kann games going right now (pity me), and it would be cool to have them grouped together in my list....along with all my Lopez's. imho steely

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree