1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 23:47
    After seeing the unrest which is being created by several of the of the mod team it is obvious that the whole group should be removed as mods and an entirely new group selected. Things have gotten ridiculous here in the Red Hot Pawn forums.
    Piddling bans, abuse of authority coupled with a superior attitude by some mods reflects badly on the site as a whole.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 03:25
    Originally posted by caissad4
    After seeing the unrest which is being created by several of the of the mod team it is obvious that the whole group should be removed as mods and an entirely new group selected. Things have gotten ridiculous here in the Red Hot Pawn forums.
    Piddling bans, abuse of authority coupled with a superior attitude by some mods reflects badly on the site as a whole.
    Don't forget tit for tat revenge bans. You like the ones that have no real common sense explanation.

I have to agree, maybe not the whole group, but certainly the name brands. Rec'd.
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 07:02
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I disagree. The moderation team does a great job.

If anyone needs to be removed for the ridiculousness in the forums, it's the core group of trouble makers that are consistently being banned for flaunting the rules in their personal vendettas against certain moderators.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 08:082 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 08:151 edit

6. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 08:393 edits

7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:19
    I think the forum moderators do an excellent job.

I wouldn't mind adding extra moderators to help them, but to remove any of them would not only be terribly ungrateful, it would also be counterproductive.
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:291 edit
    Shame indeed. This is a chess site. We come here to play chess. The benefit of being allowed to post in the fora provided by the host is an added privilege.

There is no doubt that the diversity of these forums enhances the character and richness of this site. Really, it is truly unique.

It is un-paralleled (sp?) as a chess site but the level of the vitriol against the mods and admin, by a few hard core, detract from its appeal.

I also moderate a couple of forums - no biggies - but the golden rule is that you do not dis admin. It's the "three strikes" senario - warning, warning with a suspension and then outski.

Under that regime I would not be posting or playing here on RHP.

Where's all this going you ask ? Simple. Behaviour breads behaviour, and our mods are not Gods ( sorry Phlab )

In my opinion they "suffer the slings and arrows" all too much given the fair and considered judgements they mete out. From all accounts suspensions are the result of a joint discussion and used only as a last resort.

People here need to look closer at their own behaviour instead of castigating the piano player.

Shortly, the boom will be lowered. The moderators need only say to admin that "enough is enough" and you'll get your money back and begone. That list is short but distinguished, in some peoples eyes.

Good riddance to them.

Bottom line - harden up mods - start harvesting a few souls. The message will get through.

skeeter
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:33
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Shame indeed. This is a chess site. We come here to play chess. The benefit of being allowed to post in the fora provided by the host is an added privilege.

There is no doubt that the diversity of these forums enhances the character and richness of this site. Really, it is truly unique.

It is un-paralleled (sp?) as a chess site but the level of the vit ...[text shortened]... harden up mods - start harvesting a few souls. The message will get through.

skeeter
    What have you done with the real skeeter?
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:37
    The mods here are very reasonable - except for that one time a couple of years ago when I was banned for a day. πŸ™
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:38
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'm starting to wonder whether Xanthos' mind control plan actually succeeded.
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:41
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Jesus wept πŸ˜‰

skeeter
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 09:44
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The mods here are very reasonable - except for that one time a couple of years ago when I was banned for a day. πŸ™
    One day ?? only one bloody day !!

Jesus wept

skeeter
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 10:07
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Xantho who... ?? πŸ˜‰

skeeter
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 11:05
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I always suspected they were two sides of the same person, the backstory, intricately planned to the minutest detail.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree