1. Cincinnati, Ohio
    Moves
    30 May '05 21:30
    Is it possible to search for a new game with a criteria of number of games played?? I would like to play new subscribers who have ratings (other than 1200 newcomer) and who have not!!! played 1000 games. I would like to search for say, ratings between 1150 and 1250 and games played < 50. I keep getting games deleted by players who have over 1000 games played (sometimes over 5000 games).

Any merit to this suggestion?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 May '05 22:141 edit
    Originally posted by SirKen
    Is it possible to search for a new game with a criteria of number of games played?? I would like to play new subscribers who have ratings (other than 1200 newcomer) and who have not!!! played 1000 games. I would like to search for say, rat ...[text shortened]... ayed (sometimes over 5000 games).

Any merit to this suggestion?
    I assume you mean moves rather than games. There is only, to my knowledge, one player with more than 5000 games played (Dustnrogers).
    And no it isn't possible at the moment. Just search through the player tables for suitable players I guess.

EDIT: Cheshire Cat also has over 5000 games it seems. I forgot draws.
  3. Cincinnati, Ohio
    Moves
    30 May '05 23:52
    Thanks, but the search gives "top 30 hits" with no way to see next 30, etc. I just looked and the column heading seem to refer to games played, not moves. Smallest number in top 30 (seems to be sorted on games played) was 1100, with top one at 5130.

Seems like the Find Games search needs one or two more fields and/or the opportunity to see more than 30 hits.

Do the moderators read these posts??
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 May '05 01:01
    Originally posted by SirKen
    Thanks, but the search gives "top 30 hits" with no way to see next 30, etc. I just looked and the column heading seem to refer to games played, not moves. Smallest number in top 30 (seems to be sorted on games played) was 1100, with top one at 5130.

Seems like the Find Games search needs one or two more fields and/or the opportunity to see more than 30 hits.

Do the moderators read these posts??
    http://www.chessatwork.com/core/playertable.php?col=2&state=asc&buttonno=-1&page=209

That'll give you a page with people rated 1250. If you keep increasing the number at the end you get people with lower ratings.

Or you could search the find players using a single letter and a rating range. Change the letter.
  5. Cincinnati, Ohio
    Moves
    31 May '05 12:25
    Thanks for the advice.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree