New rating calculation

New rating calculation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Jun 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
I said 1200-1350, and you as well as I know that everyone has rating spurts. The rating on my profile is the NWSRS rating (Northwest Scholastic Rating System), which is for anyone under 18. I guess it works a little different than USCF, as only a couple tournaments I have been to are rated by USCF. My 1600 is equivalent, at least as I have only played a ...[text shortened]... m certainly not a sandbagger.

For your convienience, I have changed the rating in my profile.
Well probably a good idea, 'cause it really is for your own convenience, so you do not condradict yourself.

Anyways, lets move on...Good Chessing to you my young friend!

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
15 Jun 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Well probably a good idea, 'cause it really is for your own convenience, so you do not condradict yourself.

Anyways, lets move on...Good Chessing to you my young friend!
You too, good luck, and sorry for being a little rude.

X

Moves
30 Jun 08

Originally posted by clandarkfire
Don't you think it would make more sense to calculate the rating change by each players rating at the beginning of the game? I see several reasons how this would improve the site.

1. There are many high rated players who simply stop moving in lost games, especially against lower rated players. They then wait until they have a huge rating fall, and re ...[text shortened]... hing happens.

Please consider this suggestion, as I think it would greatly improve the site.
I'm not saying that you'r saying that im a sandbagger but I'm definatly not one.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
30 Jun 08

Originally posted by XXXchessguyXXX
I'm not saying that you'r saying that im a sandbagger but I'm definatly not one.
"And the most random award goes to..."

Moves
10 Jul 08

how about the game rating score be based on tournament entry score

at least that is a stable platform

there seems to be quite a few players that 'tumble' from dizzying heights to abysmal relative heights

and on their climb back to where they 'should' be, decimate those in their path

one person i am playing started our game at 1600+, and is now at
1000+, yet their tournament entry rating is still at 1540

i still get beaten regularly - unfortunately, but in such an instance still feel a little cheated if i lose to a better player, yet get perhaps a little harshly done by in the resultant score

i do like the tournaments, and it has obviously been a sticky point in the past for this separate system to be implemented

it could well be universal, and doesn't require any other dual marking system, actual vs tournament scores, or any other site modifications

simply reference that score for all scoring, the players score then is simply a relative standing at how they treat their game timeouts and timebank - and whether or not they care to continue playing consistently

i like so many others here have not seen such a trap for playing chess, and that is actually a complement to the site hosts, but this tweak would seem to be a good one, there are apparently quite a few participants here who hold no regard for their score or standing, but this would at least help in a small way for those that do.