1. Toronto
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 16:17
    how about if someone make a post, he or she can not post again untill 1 minute after.

it will decrease pages of spam
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 18:44
    Originally posted by DavidLynx
    how about if someone make a post, he or she can not post again untill 1 minute after.

it will decrease pages of spam
    How about free loaders are prohibited from posting. Spam problem solved?

skeeter
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 02:35
    Originally posted by skeeter
    How about free loaders are prohibited from posting. Spam problem solved?

skeeter
    Unfortunately people tend to try the site out before they subscribe. If you deny new starters from using the forums then they'll never realize what a great community there is here and never subscribe.
  4. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 04:45
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Unfortunately people tend to try the site out before they subscribe. If you deny new starters from using the forums then they'll never realize what a great community there is here and [b]never subscribe.[/b]
    Nonense. Let them read the forums and then they'll subscribe so that they can post and join in.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 04:491 edit
    I say non subscribers can only post in Help and General, until they write a profile. They can write 5 posts first day they enter forums, 10 posts second time they (day) they enter forums... and if they survive that, as much as they like. Failing that, they are removed from forums.

The biggest problem is new RHP user Names posting like a nut... I fear our spam attacks are coming from fewer than 3 people, using many several RHP names to try and destroy RHP forums... or at least get attention. Slowing this kind of user is the key, not the many several honest people that come here.

Some sort of solution is needed, and banning 'non-stars' is not the answer.

P

6. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 15:47
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I say non subscribers can only post in Help and General, until they write a profile. They can write 5 posts first day they enter forums, 10 posts second time they (day) they enter forums... and if they survive that, as much as they like. Failing that, they are removed from forums.

The biggest problem is new RHP user Names posting like a nut... I fea ...[text shortened]... here.

P

it could just be one person. I think what would solve the problem is getting rid of forum mods, they are the ones who caused it in the first place, the spammer clearly stated in many of the posts about down with forum moderators and other such stuff. Either the person is simply crazy or was provoked my guess would be the latter as I have seen how stupid uncontroled mods can be lately. Russ needs to deal with them instead of punishing non-stars, but of course he never listens when it comes to this, must be stupidity or stuborness or a little of both, one day he'll use his brain though.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 15:53
    Originally posted by TRACKHEAD21
    it could just be one person. I think what would solve the problem is getting rid of forum mods, they are the ones who caused it in the first place, the spammer clearly stated in many of the posts about down with forum moderators and other such stuff. Either the person is simply crazy or was provoked my guess would be the latter as I have seen how stupid ...[text shortened]... this, must be stupidity or stuborness or a little of both, one day he'll use his brain though.
    You're a genius, aren't you?

D
  8. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 15:56
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You're a genius, aren't you?

D
    As a matter of fact...
  9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    20 Mar '05 16:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

The biggest problem is new RHP user Names posting like a nut... I fea ...[text shortened]... here.

P

I like this idea.

"Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    Albert Einstein
  10. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 05:41
    Originally posted by wib
    I like this idea.

"Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    Albert Einstein
    The ideas leaves out the meet opponents forum. New players should be invited to post there.

Nyxie

11. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 11:58
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    The ideas leaves out the meet opponents forum. New players should be invited to post there.

Nyxie

Agreed. But with the same 5 posts per day limit. (or some number).
  12. Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 17:10
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Nonense. Let them read the forums and then they'll subscribe so that they can post and join in.
    Having read the forums, I've found there are more posts aimed at bullying and belittling non subscribers than spam I have seen in the last week. I myself had contacted Russ with regards to subscribing but the longer I look at the forums and see the way some subscribers treat those who don't have the money, or aren't old enough, the less I want to be a part of it.

Here is a crazy idea that I'll just throw out there... why non scrub subscription charges completely and charge people per forum post. This will solve your spamming problem from the one or two people responsible for making a "bad name" for the non subscribers... and at the same time stop everyone wasting server space slating non subscribers, spamming and sending one word posts?! Hmmmm, would Russ be better or worse off?!?!

To solve the spamming problem, I do like the idea of restricting the amount of posts made in a given day, in the same way that games are restricted for non subscribers. Help, meeting others, and site improvements etc should be available whilst all the life stories in off topic about "what I did on saturday night" is the kind of stuff that the close knit subscriber community would be interested in and an outsider would want to mock maybe. You wouldn't really need moderators then, except for the free forums that non subscribers post in. If subscribers want to have childish fights in public forums, let them.

Hmmmmm, yes, think thats all I wanted to say. Have a jolly good evening folks. 🙂

13. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 18:00
    Originally posted by Purplemooey
    Having read the forums, I've found there are more posts aimed at bullying and belittling non subscribers than spam I have seen in the last week. I myself had contacted Russ with regards to subscribing but the longer I look at the forums and see the way some subscribers treat those who don't have the money, or aren't old enough, the less I want to be ...[text shortened]... .

Hmmmmm, yes, think thats all I wanted to say. Have a jolly good evening folks. 🙂

Nope. You can't charge people per post. People aren't here just for the forums, they're here mostly to play chess. The forums are like a side dish to the main course.

Most people here have no interest in trashing non-subscribers, but when we see non-subs bombarding the forums with spam, insults, or whatever it gets on the nerves of a lot people. Remember non-subs are contributing nothing to the site financially. They're using the site's resources that subscribers are paying for. Subscribers have every right to complain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree