1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 21:49
    Next move suggestion - based on previous games played by the player to move.

It only needs a little whizzy background programme thing that looks at my previous games, and suggests my preferred move (based on analysing games where the same opening line has been played before).

This would only work through openings I reckon, but could save players thinking through their opening lines, as the site would recognise and suggest the appropriate move.

The player could then either click to accept this move, or make a move and submit as normal.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 21:56
    Originally posted by rhb

It only needs a little whizzy background programme thing that looks at my previous games, and suggests my preferred move (based on analysing games where the same opening line has been played before).

This would only work through openings I reckon, but could save players thinking t ...[text shortened]...

The player could then either click to accept this move, or make a move and submit as normal.
    Could you program gambit openings so you don't have to refer to databases, etc...? I'd also like to see the Analyze Games function show possible moves with knights, bishops, etc... this would help to keep you from missing an obvious move(s).
  3. The sky
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 21:58
    Originally posted by rhb

This would only work through openings I reckon, but could save players thinking t ...[text shortened]...

Good idea, but there should also be the option to automatically accept that move, for players who don't want to try new moves anyway. That also has the advantage that you don't have to be online to make moves, very helpful if you are on vacation.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 22:00
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    this would help to keep you from missing an obvious move(s).
    Especially if a not-so-obvious checkmate lurks there somewhere.
    After clicking on submit move, the system could take you back to the board and print something like 'Are you sure you didn't mean to move the knight THERE?'
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Jul '06 22:38
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Especially if a not-so-obvious checkmate lurks there somewhere.
    After clicking on submit move, the system could take you back to the board and print something like 'Are you sure you didn't mean to move the knight THERE?'
    I think we should be able to pay for in game coaching by David Tebb. You can use his assistance only once or twice per game to eviscerate your opponent.
  6. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    11 Jul '06 00:18
    But once the David Tebb option is used, then both players get access to the advice.

Is this pay-per-use? David should be renumerated for his work.
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 17:19
    Originally posted by Gastel
    But once the David Tebb option is used, then both players get access to the advice.

Is this pay-per-use? David should be renumerated for his work.
    I'd rather this was flipped around... players get to bid to give advice to players seeking it. The player seeking advice chooses the highest bid, or a lesser bid if they feel the advice will be of better quality.
  8. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 19:14
    or just play on your own and see what happens
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 19:23
    Originally posted by me to
    or just play on your own and see what happens
    Don't be ridiculous.
  10. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 02:13
    Bump

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree