Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    27 Jul '06 20:49
    I was thinking no.
  2. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    27 Jul '06 21:38
    I was thinking 'Why?'
  3. 27 Jul '06 22:10
    I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, and let them lead the way.
  4. Standard member KJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    27 Jul '06 22:43
    You hit the nail on the head, No money, No clan. No tournaments, Dreams are just getting shattered here, aren't they.
  5. 27 Jul '06 23:37
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, and let them lead the way.
    Yeah, that's what they did with me but nobody followed... and anyway I got lost.
  6. Standard member c99ux
    'Sir' to you
    27 Jul '06 23:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Delmer
    Yeah, that's what they did with me but nobody followed... and anyway I got lost.
    Hey, look at me, I'm a great example of

[text removed to prevent legal action]

EDIT: But I was a child once...

EDIT 2: Still am, probably. Aha, now I understand...
  7. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    02 Sep '06 04:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rh741
    but then thats just driving everyone who hasnt subscribe away. why do you think i was gone for a long time. you know when i first joined i was so happy because i read that i could be on a chess team and go on tournaments then when i joined it said i had to subscibe. so i left for a long time then i came back. i mean you can do other stuff like have donations a ...[text shortened]... price higher so think about it. also their is no end to this thread so read and say your opinion
    They should make bread free. Everyone loves bread and frankly charging for it is criminal.

EDIT: This site is a business. It costs money to keep the site running. Russ has opted for a subscription model for the site (which as the owner of the business he can do) and has given non-subscribers (people to whom he actually gets very little from) the ability to try out the site.
    If you think you have a better method then feel free to start your own correspondence chess site and pay your bills however you choose.
  8. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    02 Sep '06 05:19
    but you can do other stuff. like sell things. have donations all of that stuff. you see bread like you said. is good everyone likes it and why dont they make it free.well hmm you can make it free once a day probably. you can do other things then have a subscribe thing.
    Russ could also ban you just for looking at him funny. You know I hope he does.
  9. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    02 Sep '06 05:22
    a look im happy to be here an im also happy that russ made this site. ut it got to me that i couldnt go on a team,tournaments and more see what i mean
    But if everything on the site was free then the site would lose money.
  10. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    02 Sep '06 05:43
    i know thats why i want russ to sell things and put donations,and other things
    But do you agree that the way Russ chooses to make the site profitable is his own lookout? If he decided to limit subscribers to not posting in the forums, 1 game at a time and a max of 20 overall that would be his choice.

Be thankful for what you get.

PS. Stop filling the Meet Opponents forum with your crap posting.
  11. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    02 Sep '06 05:58
    yea but listen this isnt fair to others
    Which others? And why isn't it fair? It seems perfectly fair to me and did back when I was a non-sub. If you pay you get full access to the site, if you don't pay to get limited access.
  12. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    02 Sep '06 06:56
    yea but listen this isnt fair to others
    Life isn't fair.

Stop moaning. You're not owed a chess clan. Just like there's plenty of houses in the world that I can't afford to buy, I don't think that that means they should all be free instead.
  13. Standard member McKnights
    Marshall McKnights
    02 Sep '06 07:25
    Personally i disagree with it, maybe setting limitations to it as well would help, maybe only being able to join one team at a given time, and can not switch (join) another team while playing a game for one, to go further, maybe allowing only 4 games for clan games, would also add to the limits, they need to at least taste the flavor of clan play, personally i enjoy playing team games, though i havent done it here before but i do know how it goes cause of the other site im on
  14. 02 Sep '06 23:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by McKnights
    Personally i disagree with it, maybe setting limitations to it as well would help, maybe only being able to join one team at a given time, and can not switch (join) another team while playing a game for one, to go further, maybe allowing only 4 games for clan games, would also add to the limits, they need to at least taste the flavor of clan play, personal ...[text shortened]... mes, though i havent done it here before but i do know how it goes cause of the other site im on
    No, non-subs should get the minimum. [6 games is enough]
    Any more and you'd never hear the last of it from the subs - it's bad enough as it is.

If you want more you should subscribe.
  15. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    03 Sep '06 01:35
    I like how this thread makes no sense now that every post by rh741 has been deleted.