Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 Aug '06 19:51
    if we had an option that we could play games without time controls maybe people would stop whining about vacation flags and being timed out. They could just opt for playing without controls instead.
  2. 25 Aug '06 20:10
    Originally posted by coentje
    if we had an option that we could play games without time controls maybe people would stop whining about vacation flags and being timed out. They could just opt for playing without controls instead.
    What, do you mean like we could take a year for a move if we wanted?
  3. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 Aug '06 20:48
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What, do you mean like we could take a year for a move if we wanted?
    exactly. you won't see me playing any games like that, but since so many people get so upset when they lose a game on time that might be the only option for them to be able to play chess and live some sort of happy life.
  4. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 Aug '06 20:49
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    People will always moan and whinge, no matter what.
    If there was a heaven, people there would be whining that the weather was too hot, the music's crap, why's there no meat? Why can't I indulge in kinky sex? WHy are my friends in eternal torture?
    I know i can't stop them from whining, they will find something else to whine about.

This is just me whining back at the whiners.

p.s. don't send me to heaven, all the do gooders are there, send me to hell with the rest of the party people
  5. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    25 Aug '06 22:36
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Im sure the well endowed demons will give you a party time whilst removing your eye balls in a torture game, maybe doing you in the eyeball.
    SOrry, have I gone off topic?
    you've got a good point there i forgot about tose demons and their parties Maybe i should start aiming up from now on, hope i am not too late.

And is anything really off topic that is mainly intended for whining about whiners
  6. 26 Aug '06 14:41
    Originally posted by coentje
    exactly. you won't see me playing any games like that, but since so many people get so upset when they lose a game on time that might be the only option for them to be able to play chess and live some sort of happy life.
    Half the people on here would be dead before they finished a game - especially if they were losing. They'd just stop moving - no one would ever lose a game.
  7. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    26 Aug '06 15:25
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Half the people on here would be dead before they finished a game - especially if they were losing. They'd just stop moving - no one would ever lose a game.
    i know but maybe it would stop people from whining that they get timed out.
  8. Standard member IM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    26 Aug '06 15:31
    Best way to stop the whining is to be non-responsive.
    A 21/28 game should be plenty for these type of players.
  9. Standard member coentje
    Plop!
    26 Aug '06 18:50
    Originally posted by IM14u2NV
    Best way to stop the whining is to be non-responsive.
    A 21/28 game should be plenty for these type of players.
    i will try that

but even with a 21/28 game they will start....'what if i go on a vacation for 3 months.....'

i do not think that they will ever stop nagging about the vacation thingy