1. Joined
    19 Jan '10
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 06:15
    I think it would be better if players could specify (when creating an open invitation) in which part of the day (taking GMT for example as reference) they're most likely to make a move.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 16:11
    Originally posted by samibejjani
    I think it would be better if players could specify (when creating an open invitation) in which part of the day (taking GMT for example as reference) they're most likely to make a move.
    Good idea, but a title would also have been well 🙂
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 10:30
    Originally posted by samibejjani
    🙄😕🙄

Totally irrelevant.

What does it matter if the player makes his moves between 9am and 3pm or 3pm and 10pm or 10pm and 8am?

Lets say they have 20 games and make 1 move per game each day at 5pm. How will this make a difference to the game you are playing with them?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 13:08
    Originally posted by adramforall
    🙄😕🙄

Totally irrelevant.

What does it matter if the player makes his moves between 9am and 3pm or 3pm and 10pm or 10pm and 8am?

Lets say they have 20 games and make 1 move per game each day at 5pm. How will this make a difference to the game you are playing with them?
    look at it from a non-sub point of view who can only play 6 games at a time.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 15:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    🙄🙄😕😕🙄🙄

Why does that make it any different?

The player moves, you move. The player may only move once per day. They could say they will play from 6pm but start at 5pm or not come on till 8pm.

Even multiple movers is a misnomer. They may only move once per day in a game but make 500 moves per day. Are they are multiple mover from the pot of view of a player that wants to make 10-15 moves or more in the game each day?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 15:56
    A simple solution may be something along the lines of stressing certain points in open invite game title: 'SEE MY PROFILE before taking game please.' In your profile create your 'ideals'..eg, 'playing from GMT, make many moves after 19:00hrs and if you enjoy likewise than I'm your man'...you can change it according to your game commitments. Nothing works smoothly in open invites if all you have is 6games to play with but you can limit the lottery by being as clear as possible with your game goals...
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 19:57
    Originally posted by adramforall
    🙄🙄😕😕🙄🙄

Why does that make it any different?

The player moves, you move. The player may only move once per day. They could say they will play from 6pm but start at 5pm or not come on till 8pm.

Even multiple movers is a misnomer. They may only move once per day in a game but make 500 moves per day. Are they are multiple mover from the pot of view of a player that wants to make 10-15 moves or more in the game each day?
    i think he's looking for a guide as to when his opponent is most likely to move, won't be the same everyday of couse but if he's playing against all people who say they play mostly 9-5 his time and he plays at work there's more chance of mulitple moves per day. i'm not saying it's needed or a good idea but i can see his point.

maybe a better idea would be to ask for non-sub mulitple movers when he's starting a game. or just play he same people over and over again who he knows play often when he's on.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 12:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    I am looking at it from that POV.

We're playing correspondence chess, not blitz. If it matters, you should change your time-out settings.

Richard
  9. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 15:20
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue

We're playing correspondence chess, not blitz. If it matters, you should change your time-out settings.

Richard
    time out settings have nothing to do with the daily frequency of moves.
    Imagine a 3day and a 7day timeout. An opponent can move every other day in both of them without losing any timeout.

What the OP is suggesting is what time of day the moves are most likely to be played- so chances are you can do a few moves with the opponent during that time.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 15:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue

Richard
    oh jesus... next you'll be telling me that you got dressed this morning without any help.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 19:53
    Originally posted by ua41
    time out settings have nothing to do with the daily frequency of moves.
    Imagine a 3day and a 7day timeout. An opponent can move every other day in both of them without losing any timeout.

What the OP is suggesting is what time of day the moves are most likely to be played- so chances are you can do a few moves with the opponent during that time.
    Which assumes that the opponent will be making multiple moves in the game.

The only way to guarantee multiple moves per game is to play blitz.
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 00:381 edit
    The "moves this month" column in the player table could provide sufficient information. Sort the column to "highest on top" and it's easy.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 11:55
    Originally posted by ua41
    Again: we're playing correspondence chess. If move frequency matters to you, you're in the wrong place. This is not a site where "a few moves per day" should matter.

Richard
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 15:01
    This smells of timeouts. Fix'd!

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree