Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 18 Oct '08 16:55
    I posted this in the Only Chess forum...


    Has this ever been done or suggested? Is it a good idea?
  2. 18 Oct '08 17:57
    Originally posted by MilkyJoe
    I posted this in the Only Chess forum...


    Has this ever been done or suggested? Is it a good idea?
    It has been suggested before. I think the main reason against it is/was that it would be likely to attract cheaters / encourage cheating and be won by an engine.
  3. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    18 Oct '08 19:32
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It has been suggested before. I think the main reason against it is/was that it would be likely to attract cheaters / encourage cheating and be won by an engine.
    Good point, it seemed a reasonable idea until you point out the inevitable engine
  4. 18 Oct '08 23:23
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Good point, it seemed a reasonable idea until you point out the inevitable engine
    Wouldn't a sub tournament be as open to an engine/cheat as a non sub? It is a shame cheats spoil it for everybody else though, so this will probably never happen.