25 Jul '06 19:32
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I think there is something wrong with your SHIFT key. 🙂
    aBsOLuTeLy NoT...wHy Do U aSk??
  2. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 07:01
    well then, seing that as many of you have rejected this reasonable suggestion which could easily have lead to the further promotion of RHP (its a very enticing idea to those who are non-subs and if only you rather honourable subscribing members would pull your heads out from your rear ends you may see the advantage there is in this to RHP in the long run).
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 08:12
    Originally posted by firestarter
    well then, seing that as many of you have rejected this reasonable suggestion which could easily have lead to the further promotion of RHP (its a very enticing idea to those who are non-subs and if only you rather honourable subscribing members would pull your heads out from your rear ends you may see the advantage there is in this to RHP in the long run).
    Enjoy your stay at the freeloader hotel.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 10:52
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    No, this is God: User 255770
    What's going on with the graph?
  5. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 10:54
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Does seem to have a minor flaw there now doesn't it?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 10:56
    God works in mysterious ways.

D
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 10:58
    You can't measure God with such inherently human scales as a ELO based rating scale.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 12:10
    Rated - 8
    Played - 7

huh?
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 15:00
    If you subscribers would just pull your heads out the bubbles you have formed up your descending colons for one second then you would see that this is a BRILLIANT idea since it might persuade non-subscribers to subcribe once they get a taste of the real thing!
  10. Joined
    03 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 15:021 edit
    I am not a subscriber and at the moment have no intention to be. Six games simultaneously is more than adequate for me and I can also post on the forum as a bonus.

If/When I decide to spend more of my time on chess then, knowing this site offers a whole lot more, the simple step would be to subscribe.

I believe RHP have the balance right. I will happily recommend this site to anyone who wants to get back into chess. Maybe they will go on to become subscribers maybe not.

As for a tournament for non-subscribers once a month. Sounds like a whole lot of work for RHP to setup. I am sure RHP have a lot more useful things to be spending their time on. The site doesn't need that kind of promotion.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 20:35
    Originally posted by stitchx001
    If you subscribers would just pull your heads out the bubbles you have formed up your descending colons for one second then you would see that this is a BRILLIANT idea since it might persuade non-subscribers to subcribe once they get a taste of the real thing!
    Tournament 429

It's advertised as a tourney for 'future subscribers'. Out of the 48 players only 4 now have stars next to their names. A sucky idea.
  12. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 21:02
    You and stitchx001 are absolutely right. I'm sure that many non-sub tournament applicants will consider subscribing once they have experienced the excitement of the RHP tournaments.

All you have to do now, is to PM Russ or send feedback announcing your intention to sponsor a non-sub tournament offering to pay for a subscription for the winner.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by stitchx001
    hmmmm
  14. Riga
    Moves
    29 Jul '06 12:34
    sugesstion from myself and stitchx001 to have non-subscriber tournaments atleast once a month, the winner gets free subscription for a month.
    Good idea!
  15. Mumbai, India
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 16:51
    We all know whats going to happen when such type of threads are created.

Non-subs including me will support the idea heavily and subs will make fun of the thread starter and the other non-subs.

Conclusion, Russ doesn't even read this thread (perhaps) and nothing changes!

Being a non-sub, I really like the idea!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree