Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 13 Dec '10 23:41
    I always thought that Clans and Tournaments were a privilege of subscription but it appears not. Many players are able to enjoy the benefits of Clans without having to pay for the privilege. This is a "two fingered salute" to those of us who do pay and also to admin.

    It looks like King Davids Mighty Warriors were the only clan subjected to the quick removal of their players when the sub had expired per Thread 133479 but now, even they seem immune.

    A quick search of the top 20 clans (Took less than 10 minutes) shows 13 players with expired memberships, some of which have been expired for in excess of 6 weeks as the issue has been debated before.

    At present in the top 20 the following Clans have expired members

    Metallica Zumdahl and chesshorn
    Clan with a Mission WIZ
    The Drunken Pawns petethesweep and Tukumnieks
    Kiwi Clan Meeuw
    King Gets Kicked khi
    Chessaroos Simon McMahon
    Fast Players Robert Matheson
    King Davids Mighty Warriors i3izze
    The Dao of Pooh knight majik and chucksthings
    The Polish Clan elkocyk

    Surely it cannot be too much work for admin to chase up expired subs for people that have taken the time to join a clan and then let their sub expire. It is more likely that they will rejoin if prompted.

    A simple PM to each member whose sub has expired is all that is needed.

    Dear XYZ,

    Your membership has now expired and you have not renewed it. If you wish to remain a member of the clan(s) you are in and enjoy the other benefits of being a subscriber please renew your membership. Failure to do so within ({2 weeks is more than long enough for people still using the site} and we will remove your clan affiliations and you will no longer be able to access this feature.

    After all,even if it takes 30 minutes to contact the above 13 players, and only 5 renew then it must be cost effective.
  2. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    17 Dec '10 18:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I always thought that Clans and Tournaments were a privilege of subscription but it appears not. Many players are able to enjoy the benefits of Clans without having to pay for the privilege. This is a "two fingered salute" to those of us who do pay and also to admin.

    It looks like King Davids Mighty Warriors were the only clan subjected to the quick ...[text shortened]... s 30 minutes to contact the above 13 players, and only 5 renew then it must be cost effective.
    Isn't this more of a send feedback post?

    What is the "Site Idea"

    A concern for how much Russ earns?

    I am betting he only eats kraft dinner when wants to.
  3. 17 Dec '10 22:47
    ...chris plays with his computer from lake como...he has lobster for breakfast...


    ...if this site was not into "money" they would have banned me years ago...


    ....i could put up a swastica as a clan symbol..i would be banned for 30 or 60 days and then i would find i could be "back"...it is either about "anarchy" or "money"...

    ...let chris and russ have money...i am sure they have children to take care of and like us all we would like a new car and a sunny vacation in bermuda...

    ...so...scream and vent and russ and chris will still let you play..

    ...thank you russ and chriss....( you rich bastards ! ).
  4. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    18 Dec '10 01:51
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    ...chris plays with his computer from lake como...he has lobster for breakfast...


    ...if this site was not into "money" they would have banned me years ago...


    ....i could put up a swastica as a clan symbol..i would be banned for 30 or 60 days and then i would find i could be "back"...it is either about "anarchy" or "money"...

    ...let chris and ru ...[text shortened]... is will still let you play..

    ...thank you russ and chriss....( you rich bastards ! ).
    Come to think about, as I'm one those keeping the rich richer, I'd like an RHP xmas card...
    So, there's my suggestion for the month here, personally signed xmas cards to all subscribers... mere PM's to all the rest.. or better still, just a cursory note in 'site announcements'
  5. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    19 Dec '10 01:16
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Come to think about, as I'm one those keeping the rich richer, I'd like an RHP xmas card...
    So, there's my suggestion for the month here, personally signed xmas cards to all subscribers... mere PM's to all the rest.. or better still, just a cursory note in 'site announcements'
    It is seldom if ever that the rich send out christmas cards to the peasants.

    I suggest perhaps going to the local soup kitchen in your area, and having a free meal. The rich usually give to those kind of places.
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    19 Dec '10 02:41
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    It is seldom if ever that the rich send out christmas cards to the peasants.

    I suggest perhaps going to the local soup kitchen in your area, and having a free meal. The rich usually give to those kind of places.
    Lol..call me a sceptic but where there's a tax break there's always a fair bit of charity giving from the rich...they can't lose really. However, I'm reminded that I
    sit here half starved, I shall heed your advice and go seek out that free meal
  7. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    19 Dec '10 23:21
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Lol..call me a sceptic but where there's a tax break there's always a fair bit of charity giving from the rich...they can't lose really. However, I'm reminded that I
    sit here half starved, I shall heed your advice and go seek out that free meal
    I wonder if you even know what it is like to be hungry?

    Most on this site don't!~
  8. 20 Dec '10 10:06
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I wonder if you even know what it is like to be hungry?

    Most on this site don't!~
    I was bloody starving after a walk in the snow yesterday!
  9. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    20 Dec '10 22:25
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I wonder if you even know what it is like to be hungry?

    Most on this site don't!~
    Yaaa, I was a student for longer than I care to think...every penny went on books and such, a deed of covenant to 'offset' some of my fathers taxes and part time work paid for nigh on everything but food money was so so tight it had become secondary in importance. It was in my final year that I became overly acquainted with 'all day cereal breakfast.' My mother would visit every month, ' never admitted to having monetary issues but I certainly welcomed the ongoing invitation to eat out..