1. Joined
    06 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 04:07
    All new members are allowed 6 concurrent games without subscription. I would suggest that all genuine users (members who move daily and complete games) be allowed an additional two concurrent games per year of dedicated use of the Redhotpawn service.. Any comments folk/site persons..

Charlie..
  2. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 05:32
    I suggest that when they join, all non subs are able to play 0 concurrent games. If they show that they are genuine players by moving daily and completing games, we can give them two extra games so they are able to play 2 games at a time.
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 05:37
    good suggestion. maybe gain 2more games at 6 months and get to 6 games after ayear, nothing worse than playin against people who are bored at work for a couple of hours..
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 15:09
    Originally posted by cathalhnally
    genuine users (members who move daily
    This is a correspondence site. Some people may be away from home for a day or two (I just was), and the nature of the site, quite intentionally, accomodates that. Get over it.

Richard
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:36
    All new members are allowed 6 concurrent games without subscription. I would suggest that all genuine users (members who move daily and complete games) be allowed an additional two concurrent games per year of dedicated use of the Redhotpawn service.. Any comments folk/site persons..

Charlie..
    I think you have it backwards. After having been here playing 6 games at a time for free after 1 year that should be lowered to 4 games. Another year of playing for free, you have 2 games available.

What is the sense in rewarding someone for using the free features of a site while others pay to play?

P-
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 22:22

Charlie..
    Any reason why non subs can't just pay the small fee to enable them to play more?
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 02:41
    The last time I suggested $30-$40 is a lot of money in certain parts of the world I was called a liar...I maintain that subs are too expensive to certain nations present here, but I'm saying no more before I'm boooed out of the premises once again 😛
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 07:02
    It's true that in many impoverished parts of the world $40 is a lot of money.

However, my philosophy is that if you can afford your computer, high speed internet, and spending a good amount of your day in from of your computer, you can probably afford a subscription too.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 10:22

Charlie..
    Every member can have 8 games going at the same time. Even new members. Would you like to have more games? Just be a subscribing member and the problem is gone.
    And guess what, you will have unlimited number of games, tournaments, sieges, clans, - the lot!
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 11:54
    Another suggestion wuld be that everybody gets say 3 games free and say a number like 5 or 7) games being challenged by a subscriber...then as a subscriber I would invest part of my subscription to play people I want to play (sub or not) and the non-payers get some games of their chosing and the possibiliyt to play more if they have someone who wnats to play them.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 13:46
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    The last time I suggested $30-$40 is a lot of money in certain parts of the world I was called a liar...I maintain that subs are too expensive to certain nations present here, but I'm saying no more before I'm boooed out of the premises once again 😛
    Such is life.

You buy what you can afford, and if you can't afford it you take the freebie option.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 15:331 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Such is life.

You buy what you can afford, and if you can't afford it you take the freebie option.
    N/M
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 21:56
    Originally posted by darvlay
    N/M
    So difficult to write, you needed an edit 😛
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Such is life.

For example, after buying your subscription
    You had none left over for humility 😉
  15. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 20:44
    Originally posted by ua41
    For example, after buying your subscription
    You had none left over for humility 😉
    Never knew you could buy humility. That would be such a waste of money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree