Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    06 Dec '08 12:53
    We should have forums that are only available to non usa folk - I and I am sure others don't give a monkeys re american sport and find the sport forum is littered with rubbish from over the pond :'(
  2. 06 Dec '08 16:09
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    We should have forums that are only available to non usa folk - I and I am sure others don't give a monkeys re american sport and find the sport forum is littered with rubbish from over the pond :'(
    The same could be said for americans who find the number of threads regarding "football" (soccer...) to be a nuisance.
  3. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    07 Dec '08 13:02
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    The same could be said for americans who find the number of threads regarding "football" (soccer...) to be a nuisance.
    I would not have thought so as in reality there is and always has been only one sport FOOTBALL it is an insult that we should have to call it soccer simply to appease americans as they have a handbag sport that they call soccer
  4. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    07 Dec '08 13:55
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I would not have thought so as in reality there is and always has been only one sport [b]FOOTBALL it is an insult that we should have to call it soccer simply to appease americans as they have a handbag sport that they call soccer[/b]
    It was called Soccer in the UK years before American Football was invented.
  5. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    07 Dec '08 14:19
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    It was called Soccer in the UK years before American Football was invented.
    An american flying an excuse for a flag
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    07 Dec '08 16:45
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    An american flying an excuse for a flag
    Let me know when you can either think of a vaguely intelligent response for the discussion or at the very least a decent insult.

  7. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    07 Dec '08 16:53
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Let me know when you can either think of a vaguely intelligent response for the discussion or at the very least a decent insult.

    The fact you fly that flag brings mercy as it is a big enough of a burden without my attempting to add to the cross you carry daily
  8. Standard member RDM
    08 Dec '08 07:13
    Well - lets be fair here.

    Football is a global sport and Americans seem to have a lot of games that are consumed only by Americans.

    American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey, the elections

    All fun for a bit of a laugh but the rest of the world doesn't really care ...

    I tried watching the superbowl once but I didn't enjoy the sport interupting all my advert watching.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    08 Dec '08 14:53
    Cripes.

    I bend over backwards to call American Football NFL or Grid Iron... and some want to break it up? Why? I weed through thread titles like Arsenal to get to REAL sports talk.

    The last thing Russ or Chris want is another forum, they've always been reluctant to make new ones. When you click a thread, if it's not your topic just leave the thread. I find it quite easy to see what threads are enjoyed by US users, what threads are not, and some threads are actually enjoyed by people on 'each side of the pond'.

    P-
  10. 08 Dec '08 14:58
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    It was called Soccer in the UK years before American Football was invented.
    why is it called football anyway? you mostly carry it with hands.
  11. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    08 Dec '08 15:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why is it called football anyway? you mostly carry it with hands.
    It's shaped somewhat like a foot.

    FACT!~

    P-
  12. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    08 Dec '08 16:32
    Originally posted by RDM
    Well - lets be fair here.

    Football is a global sport and Americans seem to have a lot of games that are consumed only by Americans.

    American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey, the elections

    All fun for a bit of a laugh but the rest of the world doesn't really care ...

    I tried watching the superbowl once but I didn't enjoy the sport interupting all my advert watching.
    Ice hockey is hardly an American sport.
  13. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    08 Dec '08 16:33
    Originally posted by randolph
    Ice hockey is hardly an American sport.
    Since when is Canada not in North America?

    P-
  14. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    09 Dec '08 03:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Since when is Canada not in North America?

    P-
    well he did say usa...
  15. 09 Dec '08 04:16
    Originally posted by randolph
    well he did say usa...
    funny last time i looked there was more american teams in the nhl than there was canadian.