1. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 08:501 edit
    This has happened a few times now and I think I've identified the common factor when it has:

It's when my clan has been challenged and the opposing clan's leader has included a message.
    If I just accept the challenge then everything's OK... BUT if I reply to the message (without making any changes to the challenge) then I lose the ability to start the challenge and am only given the ability to review or delete it.

Edit: However, it looks as though the opposing clan leader CAN start the challenge from their side.

Am I missing something?

PS. I'm currently using a Samsung Android tablet if that makes any difference.

Andrew
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Jan '19 16:37
    @rhymester said
    This has happened a few times now and I think I've identified the common factor when it has:

It's when my clan has been challenged and the opposing clan's leader has included a message.
    If I just accept the challenge then everything's OK... BUT if I reply to the message (without making any changes to the challenge) then I lose the ability to start the challenge and am o ...[text shortened]... mething?

Andrew
    Ask the opposing clans leader to delete the challenge and then reinstate it without the message
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 12:381 edit
    @Rhymester

Your Observation is correct.

I think the mechanism is that the other clan leader receives the message 😉

@Venda: The challenge as such is not corrputed and can be started by the other captain. If they however reply to the messag it makes another round trip
  4. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 15:58
    Would be good if this was fixed though because I often get messages with the challenges talking about pairings etc.
    Last time this happened I just wished them Happy Christmas LOL.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 11:07
    @rhymester said
    Last time this happened I just wished them Happy Christmas LOL.
    That would be our built in "civility" filter - specifically for clan play. Politeness will not be tolerated. 😉
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 15:431 edit
    @rhymester said

If I just accept the challenge then everything's OK... BUT if I reply to the message (without making any changes to the challenge) then I lose the ability to start the challenge and am o ...[text shortened]... mething?

Andrew
    This happens because changing ANYthing about a challenge sends it to the other clan leader for acceptance. By changing anything, even the comment, you are signifying that you do not accept the challenge as is and you would rather have the challenge start the way you presented it, with your own comment, not theirs.

If you like the challenge as is, then just accept it, save your comments for a PM.

Love the bear avatar. 🙂
  7. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 08:58
    OK Russ that makes sense... will have to toughen up LOL

Suzianne - thanks my bear is Red Hot Ted the Red Hot Rebels Clan Mascot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree