1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 18:02
    I have several times clicked on "challenge player", then filled in the conditions and clicked proceed to find that the player is "already playing the maximum 6 games for a non-contributor.

Can you not link the "challenge player" offer to a condition which monitors the number of "in progress" games a non-contributor is playing so that "challenge player" doesn't appear but "challenges prohibited at present" or something similar
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 20:16
    i agree.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    07 Oct '10 21:23
    Even if it's a player I play regularly, this still happens upon hitting the 'rematch' button... You could of course both join a club, as opposed to the subs only clans, and as a site subscriber you could then leave an 'open invite' for the non sub and you can then get the challenge underway without any consideration to his 6 game limit.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 06:38
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    I have several times clicked on "challenge player", then filled in the conditions and clicked proceed to find that the player is "already playing the maximum 6 games for a non-contributor.

Can you not link the "challenge player" offer to a condition which monitors the number of "in progress" games a non-contributor is playing so that "challenge player" doesn't appear but "challenges prohibited at present" or something similar
    Show in some way those players in a players list that cannot be challenged by you, of one reason or another.
    A symbol (like a red dot), or a way to filter only those who will take a challenge.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 08:221 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    as a site subscriber you could then leave an 'open invite' for the non sub and you can then get the challenge underway without any consideration to his 6 game limit.
    I think that particular loophole has been closed. 🙁

I support the idea of showing only the true challenge availability. It's annoying to type a game name, choose a colour, rating option, and time controls, only to have the challenge blocked for any number of reasons. Since challenges can be selectively blocked (for example, only within certain rating limits) it is not enough simply to show available/not available.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I think that particular loophole has been closed. 🙁
    A few weeks ago only it was still 'valid'..I have no problem utilising it for certain non subs, $40 is a months wages in India for instance, but only if it may well be weeks before that 6th free slot is available to them..I certainly wouldn't send a 7th game to one that could afford without undue hardship.. unless it's a non sub tourny I'm playing in whereby it'b be nigh on impossible to maintain the rounds without delving into the odd 7th game every now and then 🙂
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 16:49
    $40 is a months wages in India for instance
    no it's not.

avarege monthly wage in india is $200, the lowest mimuin wage for an indian state i could find was $40 for a 'simple labourer' in 2005 in the jammu & kashmir states, hardly people who will have access to a computer to play chess.

check your facts before spewing bs.
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 18:101 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    no it's not.

avarege monthly wage in india is $200, the lowest mimuin wage for an indian state i could find was $40 for a 'simple labourer' in 2005 in the jammu & kashmir states, hardly people who will have access to a computer to play chess.

You must have found all the well paid Indians 🙂

Latest figures for 2008/2009

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/monthly-income-of-average-indian-crosses-rs-3000-pm/93782-7.html

This equates to around $65/$70 per month
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:22
    Originally posted by trev33
    no it's not.

'spewing bs' eh, if somebody tells me this in a PM then why would I question it, perhaps you're the type that knows everything and questions everything anyone ever tells them ..
    '' 'simple labourer'... hardly people to have access to computer...to play chess.'' How dare you, who do you think you are...a world authority on internet access ??
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 13:33
    'spewing bs' eh, if somebody tells me this in a PM then why would I question it, perhaps you're the type that knows everything and questions everything anyone ever tells them ..
    '' 'simple labourer'... hardly people to have access to computer...to play chess.'' How dare you, who do you think you are...a world authority on internet access ??
    i'm the type of person who checks to see if info someone has given me is correct or not. you should try it.

' 'simple labourer'... hardly people to have access to computer...to play chess.'' How dare you, who do you think you are...a world authority on internet access ??

lets just say i'm not as ignorant as you to the cost of living in india and know a 'simple labourer' with a family to support will not have regular access to a computer. or at all, hhmmm surf the net or eat?? au who needs to eat today i'll play some chess.

yes, these people are really russ's uncovered goldmine 🙄

remember what this thread is about and think about it before responding.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 13:38
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You must have found all the well paid Indians 🙂

Latest figures for 2008/2009

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/monthly-income-of-average-indian-crosses-rs-3000-pm/93782-7.html

This equates to around $65/$70 per month
    http://www.neoncarrot.co.uk/h_aboutindia/india_economy_stats.html

average monthly wage: 179 USD [GTF; 2005]

of course this includes the rich, as it should. that's how you as an average wage, by including everyone.

and it really does depend on where you live in india, the difference in average wage can be huge in different states.
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 22:36
    There are many ways one can disagree with a post without completely trying to undermine a simple comment made entirely within the context of the thread.. to suggest someone is 'spewing bs' is not one of them, it might be acceptable in some folks back yard but not mine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree