2. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    09 Dec '04 21:44
    Originally posted by thire
    I'd like to play games with 0 days t/o, 60 days t/b
    why isn't it possible?
    th
    Why would you need a timebank if the game never times out? Or maybe I'm not following exactly what you're asking?
  3. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    09 Dec '04 22:021 edit
    No, he's saying that you timeout immediately and go to your timebank. Therefore, you would get 60 days total time to use. Similar to using a clock- where your time starts ticking as soon as your opponent moves. Long timebank, but keeps the game from going past 120 days.

4. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    10 Dec '04 02:21
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    No, he's saying that you timeout immediately and go to your timebank. Therefore, you would get 60 days total time to use. Similar to using a clock- where your time starts ticking as soon as your opponent moves. Long timebank, but keeps the game from going past 120 days.

Well that's a pretty good idea then imo.
  5. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    10 Dec '04 05:21
    I think it's a good idea, but 60 day timebank? Seems pretty long. If you're willing to play for that long why not just a regular time control (7/14, etc).
    I think that's why it's not available. It's so long and you could get the similar effect by using a combination of timeout/timebank.
    Now, 0/14. That's my kind of game. Not speed chess, but better check check your game frequently..
  6. Standard memberohfreak
    El Freak0
    NW GD Ohio
    Moves
    10 Dec '04 15:27
    Still with 7 days timeout and say average 30 moves/game that's 210 days per person x 2 = over a year not even getting into the timebank.

Love the idea of a "classic" time control with set # of days to complete game. Certainly retains much of the advantages of correspondence chess while speeding things up just a hair.

I guess you could get *close* to that with 1-day TO, but 0-day TO is more clean, pure and simple.
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Dec '04 16:22
    okay, I see 60 days t/b is too short - let's say then 100 days (per person!)
    th
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Dec '04 00:38
    Problem is say you are playing one of these 0/60 (or 100 or whatever) games and you get close to your time limit. Say 24 hours left. Now your opponent (who we assume has no chronic shortage of time) can make a move at any time day or night. Chances are (unless you're one of the MAPs) you won't be on RHP at the time. You may be asleep, you may even have a life outside of internet chess (some people do. It's strange). You could easily lose a couple of hours a move. If your opponent was crafty he would work out when you sleep and move then so you lose lots of time.
    Even with 1/0 (the shortest to available) you can be guaranteed that if you check RHP more than once a day you will not lose on time. With 0/60 you don't have that assurance (especially if the game lasts for more than 60 moves say.)
  9. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    12 Dec '04 01:52
    Zero timeout, 60-day timebank? Sounds like the big 2005 Championship to me. So thire, you can play games like that - just sign up to that particular tournament (which, as I post this, you haven't yet).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree