old complaint....renewed

old complaint....renewed

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
12 Jan 09

could you please set up an option where one could tick a box and get the play board into the middle of the screen. please !

F

Moves
12 Jan 09

Originally posted by reinfeld
could you please set up an option where one could tick a box and get the play board into the middle of the screen. please !
If I want the board to be in the center, then I just move the whole window and thus placing the board in the center. Standard windows function.

What version of Windows do you have?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
12 Jan 09

I quite frankly agree with this suggestion. Why not? Is it that hard to relocate the board, or give a preference for location in the settings?

r

Moves
12 Jan 09

even the board at "site settings" is closer to the center than the play board. i think it is insane that for years the board is stuck way over on the left and there is just white blank space ( mostly all over to the right ). other sites ( normal people ) put the board in the middle of the page and get all the other stuff they want posted on the page so why can't this site do it as well. i have been a subscriber for years so i think i can SCREAM about it. and why should i have to ( if i could with my windows basic vista ) manually move the board into place every time in or go to a different site page and back ?. it is INTOLERABLE.

r

Moves
12 Jan 09
2 edits

i stopped my subscription ( of a few years ) because i got really tired of the left side board and play mostly at a site that has an ugly pinkish
color tone ( you know who i mean ). the site is free ( i donate ) . the board is in THE MIDDLE ( and it has a cute clock that rings when a game is overtime ). i came back here ( even though moldy crow is gone and exspressive outburst is exspressing himself eleewhere ) and paid $40.00. now i am sorry i paid the money. i realize how irritating this left sided board is as i shift back to that other site to play my games there.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
12 Jan 09

Maybe I'm just being close minded, but I fail to see how the placement of the board could affect your play. Granted you never said it did, rather that its irritating. We have options on how large we want our board and what color and style the board and pieces are. However I feel as awesome as this site is, the admins still have lots of other complaints and suggestions that actually do affect our play as well as introducing new things to make the experience more enjoyable. I don't mean to downplay your gripe with it, I only feel the irritation is quite trivial and something you might just have to get used to as the rest of us have.

r

Moves
13 Jan 09

TRIVIAL ! TRIVIAL !! ( you must be an admin cohort ). you are right i did not complain that it affected my skill ability. i complained because it violates the order of the universe, it is an insult to the genteel people of the world, it is an inexcusable irritating inconvience to have to turn my head to the left to see the board when i should be able to look straight ahead. i don't drive my lorry looking at the left side of the street...i look ahead to see what is going on....my tv set is not stuck at 75 degrees from center so that i can look at it from the corner of my eye....if i was a non-paying free player i would not have a place to gripe ( maybe ) but for $40.00 u.s. dollars i want the board shifted to the center...get coding...be normal...put the board IN THE DAMN MIDDLE.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
13 Jan 09

TRIVIAL ! TRIVIAL !! ( you must be an admin cohort ). you are right i did not complain that it affected my skill ability. i complained because it violates the order of the universe, it is an insult to the genteel people of the world, it is an inexcusable irritating inconvience to have to turn my head to the left to see the board when i should be able to l ...[text shortened]... nt the board shifted to the center...get coding...be normal...put the board IN THE DAMN MIDDLE.
Other than the fact that the admins provide a very enjoyable site for(all things considered) a very reasonable price, I couldn't give a rats a$$ about either of them(no offense of course). I'd like to hear more about this order of the universe. Could it be that something being in the center is actually unnatural and being on the left, or even the right is where its "supposed" to be? Maybe the south pole is actually the top of the planet Earth and vice versa with the north, and we only perceive the north as the top for that is what we just happened to designate it. You are arguing semantics. I would think you crazy if you watched your tv at a 75 degree angle, I'm sure that you don't. I do think you're crazy for comparing that to turning your head 2-3 degrees just so the chessboard will be in the center of your view. You knew what you were buying when you subscribed. So see a doctor for the OCD... get some meds... be normal... and move your damn eyes or head ever so slightly.

r

Moves
13 Jan 09

i think you are right. there is a question about the order of things. i think your face is really your butt.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
13 Jan 09

i think you are right. there is a question about the order of things. i think your face is really your butt.
Real mature, taking this to name calling I'm sure will get Russ and Chris to take you seriously.

r

Moves
13 Jan 09
1 edit

mature ?...put that red tongue back in your mouth for war....mature...you want mature ?...my
lunch from yesterday that i forgot at the unemployment office has a more mature tuna sandwhich in it than you....

Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
13 Jan 09

Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.
Indeed! And yet here you are complaining about the spot the chessboard occupies on your computer screen. Get a job.

Don't worry, I'll pray for you.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
13 Jan 09

even the board at "site settings" is closer to the center than the play board. i think it is insane that for years the board is stuck way over on the left and there is just white blank space ( mostly all over to the right ). other sites ( normal people ) put the board in the middle of the page and get all the other stuff they want posted on the page so wh ...[text shortened]... oard into place every time in or go to a different site page and back ?. it is INTOLERABLE.
So if you could move the board to the centre, what would you put in the newly created blank space on the left to balance the screen content out?

Why not sketch up a design for you new board style?

r

Moves
13 Jan 09

i have suggested in the past that on the left would be the avatar of each playing party or if a team game the avatars of the teams but i have bgeen ignored. tesla was ignored and i think the great unknown person was also ignored so that makes three of us. brilliance often so fills the room that the people in it like to pretend it was just a random flashbulb going off rather than face the laser light of creativity engulfing them.

r

Moves
13 Jan 09

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Indeed! And yet here you are complaining about the spot the chessboard occupies on your computer screen. Get a job.

Don't worry, I'll pray for you.
you don't know me ( you are new since my last incarnation here ) most everything i post i do as a joke to get a rise out of people so the forums are more adventuresome. you should not take me seriously unless i borrow money from you and promise that i will pay it back on tuesday.