1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 10:16
    @Russ said
    @divegeester

Strange, on my iPad and iPad simulator, the lozenge shaped "My Home" button is the same size as all of the others (in a vertical dimension).

Anyone else?
    It’s now gone square cornered but is still smaller than the others.

Can people send you screen grabs?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 11:21
    @Russ said
    @divegeester

Strange, on my iPad and iPad simulator, the lozenge shaped "My Home" button is the same size as all of the others (in a vertical dimension).

Anyone else?
    The lozenge shaped buttons located at the top of the page all look the same size to me.
    I am using an hp laptop, running windows 7 and the current firefox browser.
    Those same buttons also appear at the top of this page and all other pages I have looked at so far.
    Am I looking at the same buttons that are being discussed?
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 12:001 edit
    When I click onto a different individual thread I’m placed on the top of page one. To look up the most recent post in that thread I have to FIRST scroll right down to the bottom of the page One to click on the Last page. I’m sure we used to be able to click on any page at the top AND bottom of each page?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 15:23
    Another issue with the "lozenge" buttons.

The "Forums" lozenge button drop-down menu does not work correctly.

Start with the top 3 links on its' drop-down menu, when you click "Forums".

Public Forums does take you to the current public forums page.
    Clan Forums takes you instead to the public forums page again.
    Club Forums also takes you to the public forums page.

So from the lozenge button for forums, you will get 'Public Forums' from any of those top 3 links.

Below those top 3 links is an inaccurate list of the public forums.
    The Site Ideas and Spirituality forums are not listed there.
    The Announcements forum is there but is labeled slightly differently, as "Site Announcements".
    (I would just delete that whole list. It isn't needed because the "public forums" link at the top will take you to the current and correct page of public forums.)

When you do get to the Public Forums page, there is a strip at the upper part that goes all the way across the page and is divided into 3 links for Public, Clan and Club forums. That does work correctly when you click on it and does take you to those 3 forums.
    I am not in any clans, so when I click that I see nothing.
    I do belong to one club, and when I click that I do go to that one club forum.

I'm on an HP laptop running windows 7 and the Firefox browser.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 17:50
    @mwmiller said

Start with the top 3 links on its' drop-down menu, when you click "Forums".

Public Forums does take you to the current public forums page.
    Clan Forums takes you instead to the public forums page again.
    Club Forums also takes you to the public forums page ...[text shortened]... at I do go to that one club forum.

I'm on an HP laptop running windows 7 and the Firefox browser.
    Good find. This was tested in the past - so you've stumbled upon an introduced bug here that is more widespread than just the forums. Reproducible when a direct link to a tabbed page is used such as the leaderboard/tables. (The correct tab is selected, but the incorrect content is loaded.). 🤔
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 18:25
    @mwmiller said

Confirmed - I broke it recently. Now fixed.

The forum's drop down menu might become dynamic in future, so the contents are loaded when selected (like the Clan & Club menus). The items listed would always be correct and direct link to clan/club forums could be provided.
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 05:39
    very exciting new RHP ! I noticed the Master Games Database is still 4000 games...which I assume are the original games. Just noticed the games database from RHP is the same size (11,168,732) .
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 10:09
    @mlb62 said
    very exciting new RHP ! I noticed the Master Games Database is still 4000 games...which I assume are the original games. Just noticed the games database from RHP is the same size (11,168,732) .
    I know I've been promising this forever. (sorry) Once this release is done and I'm back in maintenance mode for a short while so I'll catch up with this.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 11:20
    @Russ said
    Confirmed - I broke it recently. Now fixed.

The forum's drop down menu might become dynamic in future, so the contents are loaded when selected (like the Clan & Club menus). The items listed would always be correct and direct link to clan/club forums could be provided.
    I notice that when you click the "Community" lozenge button, that drop-down menu also includes a "Forum" link, and it works fine from there. The forum links at the top navigation bar and the one at the bottom of the page also look like they are all working fine, and are working exactly the same.

I guess the redundant forum links are not a problem as long as they all work the same, but they could become a nightmare for you to keep them all working the same when you start tweaking the forum page links, since I suspect you would have to go through the whole site package and upgrade every occurance of a forum link.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 13:35
    @Drewnogal said
    To look up the most recent post in that thread I have to FIRST scroll right down to the bottom of the page One to click on the Last page.
    Are you aware you can click the "Last post" link to jump straight to the last post when viewing a thread list?

As from the beta, it actually scrolls to the last post too rather than taking you to the correct page only (as it does currently.)
  11. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 16:49
    Russ, great change., issue with archiving...
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 17:03
    @Chris-Guffogg

Can you provide details, and I will take a look. What action caused a problem? (And what was the problem.) Thanks.
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Apr '24 18:07
    @Russ said
    Are you aware you can click the "Last post" link to jump straight to the last post when viewing a thread list?

As from the beta, it actually scrolls to the last post too rather than taking you to the correct page only (as it does currently.)
    Ah ok, thank you.
  14. Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '24 03:28
    Finished games won't archive and it looks like the timeout and timebank are still depleting after the game is finished.
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '24 03:321 edit
    Nevermind. It's the "All" category that messed me up. I'd put ..My Move .. Opponent Move and Completed.
    Or put My Move first.
    That "All" category first will cause confusion when trying to archive an old game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree