1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '07 05:50
    I realize that this has been recycled several times but this is my first posting on this topic.

Sometimes I go to the Open Invites to see if someone is looking for a game. Please realize that I am not seeking games as I have 250 games and about 20 tournaments and a lot of clan games. I am going to see if someone is seeking a game in the open invites because I want to be supportive of RHP and new members. I appreciate all those who gave me the chance to play by finding open invite games last year and more than 1000 games and 50,000 moves ago.

So, here is my point: I go to the open invites and what do I see . . . you guessed it .. . .1400 and below players seeking 2000 and above or 1800 and above players seeking 1400 and below . . and no invites open for players 1400-2000. That is pretty strange, since all of the invites seem to be crazy mismatches.

Here's my suggestion: Allow open invites to be scaled to within 200-300 points of the rating.

Now, forget that I suggested it. It's okay. I'll go register for some more tournies or clan games. They can figure out on their own, right?
  2. UK
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 08:47
    I see what you mean.

I have a slightly different suggestion to make.

Currently when I go to the "open invites", there's a page full of open invites that I can't accept for one reason or another.

Now, to me, they are pointless. I can do nothing with them, they just get in the way.

So why not change this page so that invites you can't accept are not shown (or, to keep everyone happy, so that they are only shown if you click on a "show games you can't accept" link)
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 15:10
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I see what you mean.

I have a slightly different suggestion to make.

Currently when I go to the "open invites", there's a page full of open invites that I can't accept for one reason or another.

Now, to me, they are pointless. I can do nothing with them, they just get in the way.

So why not change this page so that invites you can't accept are n ...[text shortened]... happy, so that they are only shown if you click on a "show games you can't accept" link)
    that helps, but really isn't needed. I am only thinking about the absurdity of 800 players setting minimum games at 2100 - as if there were a point to it.

If the argument is "no harm done" . .then okay. Like I said, i was just "thinking out loud" as usual.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 15:20
    I would like to have some kind of expiration date for an open invitation. If no one has answered in say 7 (days or 14 or whatever suitable number of days) the invitation is automatically deleted.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 15:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would like to have some kind of expiration date for an open invitation. If no one has answered in say 7 (days or 14 or whatever suitable number of days) the invitation is automatically deleted.
    Yes! Good suggestion. And, how about a reasonable maximum number of posts by any player. Imagine an 800 player with 15 posts for above 2400.
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 08:40
    Originally posted by coquette
    I realize that this has been recycled several times but this is my first posting on this topic.

Sometimes I go to the Open Invites to see if someone is looking for a game. Please realize that I am not seeking games as I have 250 games and about 20 tournaments and a lot of clan games. I am going to see if someone is seeking a game in the open invites beca ...[text shortened]... ll go register for some more tournies or clan games. They can figure out on their own, right?
    Funnily enough, just because you don't see them it doesn't mean they don't exist. The reason those Open Invites aren't on the list is because they get accepted quickly.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 16:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thread 72566

This has been on my to-do list for about 5 years!

-Russ
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 17:30
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thread 72566

This has been on my to-do list for about 5 years!

-Russ
    Good things is worth waiting for! 🙂
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 08:20
    Originally posted by coquette
    Yes! Good suggestion. And, how about a reasonable maximum number of posts by any player. Imagine an 800 player with 15 posts for above 2400.
    You are allowed a maximum of 10 open invites at any time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree