1. Joined
    25 Apr '07
    Moves
    2449
    05 Jul '07 07:15
    I think it would be cool to see how often certain openings are played by the people on this site. Like, there should be an area in every person's profile with the top 5 openings that person uses as white and as black. Although, that may be information a person probably wouldn't want his opponent to know but I just want to see what other people think about the idea.
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    05 Jul '07 08:15
    Originally posted by stan3221
    I think it would be cool to see how often certain openings are played by the people on this site. Like, there should be an area in every person's profile with the top 5 openings that person uses as white and as black. Although, that may be information a person probably wouldn't want his opponent to know but I just want to see what other people think about the idea.
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/gamesexplorer/

    Use the 'Find Player' option on the left.

    Unfortunately, the database hasn't been updated for months but they will do it at some point.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    05 Jul '07 09:00
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/gamesexplorer/

    Use the 'Find Player' option on the left.

    Unfortunately, the database hasn't been updated for months but they will do it at some point.
    Also, I don't think it includes games by non-subscribers. [for whatever reason, who knows]
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    05 Jul '07 10:57
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Also, I don't think it includes games by non-subscribers. [for whatever reason, who knows]
    You really don't understand business, do you? Or using incentives to attract new paying customers? 🙄

    D
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    05 Jul '07 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    ...Or using incentives to attract new paying customers? 🙄

    D
    As I don't use the game explorer, not including more games on it has no effect on me but the inclusion of all games could be beneficial to those who do use it - ie subscribers .
    No, I don't see it as an incentive to subscribe; maybe as an incentive to use this site..........rather than other sites. [for some people, but to me it's an irrelevancy]
  6. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    72546
    05 Jul '07 17:45
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    As I don't use the game explorer, not including more games on it has no effect on me but the inclusion of all games could be beneficial to those who do use it - ie subscribers .
    No, I don't see it as an incentive to subscribe; maybe as an incentive to [b]use this site
    ..........rather than other sites. [for some people, but to me it's an irrelevancy][/b]
    I agree with Dr. Strangelove. The Games Explorer should include games from all players, including non-subscribers. This would benefit everyone.

    At the moment, it's not possible to look up the games of anyone who is rated below 1400, or is a non-subscriber, or has joined the site since October 2006, when the Games Explorer was last modified. So this is one area in which non-subscribers have an advantage over subscribers. They can look up our games and find out what we play in the opening, but we can't look up theirs!

    If the Games Explorer was kept up to date (updated at least once a month) and included the games of non-subcribers, than it would be a really powerful and useful tool. It's not too bad now, but could be much better.
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    19249
    06 Jul '07 07:12
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I agree with Dr. Strangelove. The Games Explorer should include games from all players, including non-subscribers. This would benefit everyone.

    At the moment, it's not possible to look up the games of anyone who is rated below 1400, or is a non-subscriber, or has joined the site since October 2006, when the Games Explorer was last modified. So this is ...[text shortened]... t would be a really powerful and useful tool. It's not too bad now, but could be much better.
    Agreed. Some non-subs have had some good games on here, too.

    Despite his attitude, RahimK is a good example of such a non-sub.

    Also, they have mentioned it before, but will there be a way to keep out games that resulted in a timeout?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35630
    15 Jul '07 22:23
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I agree with Dr. Strangelove. The Games Explorer should include games from all players, including non-subscribers. This would benefit everyone.

    At the moment, it's not possible to look up the games of anyone who is rated below 1400, or is a non-subscriber, or has joined the site since October 2006, when the Games Explorer was last modified. So this is ...[text shortened]... t would be a really powerful and useful tool. It's not too bad now, but could be much better.
    Since the Games Explorer seems to be somewhat of a Beta feature (there are no links to the page anywhere on the site), I'm guessing this is still in development. It'll get better (as well as updated more often) once it becomes a regular feature.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Joined
    14 Oct '06
    Moves
    18375
    17 Jul '07 17:52
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Agreed. Some non-subs have had some good games on here, too.

    Despite his attitude, RahimK is a good example of such a non-sub.

    Yekaterina and mathurine also have very nice games. And if you like something out of the ordinary you have raven69.
Back to Top