Option to Claim Timeout Win Automatically

Option to Claim Timeout Win Automatically

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master of None

Moves
28 Aug 22

As the title suggests, would it be possible to have an option in the settings to always claim a timeout win in one's games automatically?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Aug 22

@jon3141 said
As the title suggests, would it be possible to have an option in the settings to always claim a timeout win in one's games automatically?
You already have 1-day games to grab the most timeout wins possible, the least one could do is having to crush those skulls manually.

Moves
30 Aug 22

@jon3141 said
Surely the point of being able to claim a “time out” win is that when the clock has run out you need to be at the board when your opponent isn’t.

mlb62

Moves
30 Aug 22

@jon3141
Tournament games automatically timeout two days after the time violation.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Aug 22

@divegeester said
Surely the point of being able to claim a “time out” win is that when the clock has run out you need to be at the board when your opponent isn’t.
But this isn't over-the-board.

For online correspondence, it's most common for timeouts to be automatic. The only thing you need to do to win on time is make sure you make your own moves on time.

This applies to both players - it's fair.

Moves
30 Aug 22
1 edit

Timeouts here are not automatic.

They should be.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Aug 22

@chesstachio said

They should be.
Russ, didn't you just boot this guy's other account?

Moves
31 Aug 22

@suzianne said
Russ, didn't you just boot this guy's other account?
Thread 189858

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
31 Aug 22

@chesstachio said

They should be.
Disagree.
Players can stop playing for a number of reasons e.g illness.
I never time people out.
I play on here for fun and I don't care about my rating.
I have no objection to an option to make time outs automatic but personally, I wouldn't use it.

rain

Moves
16 Sep 22
1 edit

This is a good idea. Anything that gives people one less menial thing to do I support. If you're playing against someone who abandoned the game because they're losing, just select auto-skull and move on.

Good suggestion.