1. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 07:49
    I wish I didn't but I'm sure I play differently based on my opponent's rating. For instance if they are lower I tend to gamble more, where if they're a higher, well I tend to just stress more/gamble less. I know these are "my problems" :-) but I was thinking it would be nice if there was a flag in my "site settings" where I could hide all other player ratings for current games, open invites etc...

Just a thought
    Steve
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 08:54
    1. Firefox
    2. Greasemonkey
    3. Hide Rating script from http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
    4. Profit
  3. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 09:44
    Cool, thanks, will check it out
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Mar '07 10:55
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    1. Firefox
    2. Greasemonkey
    4. Profit
    I think that should have read...

1. Firefox
    2. Greasemonkey
    5. Profit

D
  5. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 02:20
    Originally posted by SPDChess
    I wish I didn't but I'm sure I play differently based on my opponent's rating. For instance if they are lower I tend to gamble more, where if they're a higher, well I tend to just stress more/gamble less. I know these are "my problems" :-) but I was thinking it would be nice if there was a flag in my "site settings" where I could hide all other player ratings for current games, open invites etc...

Just a thought
    Steve
    Well, I like knowing who I'm playing. I don''''t want to challenge someone ratedd over 2000 because I doidn't know there rating.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 05:21
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    Well, I like knowing who I'm playing. I don''''t want to challenge someone ratedd over 2000 because I doidn't know there rating.
    THEN DON'T INSTALL THE EXTENSION
  7. Standard memberSPDChess
    Chess Monk
    Surrey
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 07:011 edit
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    FWIW, I'd love the chance to play someone over 2K, especially without knowing it. Probably only chance I would get is if they were hiding my rating 🙂

BTW, using the script as I speak 😉 and after adding a few pages (grease monkey is pretty cool) I can now play and loose in complete ignorance
  8. washington
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 17:58
    i think that would be a nice little thing to use i tend to look at the ratings and my play varies from it i would be in favor if this new feature.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Mar '07 18:39
    Originally posted by kmac27
    i think that would be a nice little thing to use i tend to look at the ratings and my play varies from it i would be in favor if this new feature.
    If you are not using Firefox and Greasemonkey, get them. There are several RHP scripts that do great things for games, and for forums.

Be sure not to use Hide Pieces, or you'll be back asking where your pieces went.

I set up FireFox, Greasemonkey, and the RHP extensions I wanted in about half an hour. You won't even believe how much you need it until you use it.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree