1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 08:08
    I don't want to play blitz, but I used to be able to spend an hour on this site, making a move or two and reading forum threads in between moves. Now that the public forums are virtually dead there needs to be other stuff on the site, such as a collection of tactics problems or chess lessons. I've seen this on other chess sites. How about it Russ?
  2. Standard memberExeterstreet1121
    Exeterstreet1121
    Portland, OR
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 04:13
    I am about to start a blog here on RHP that will include analysis of games, examinations of different opens and just general articles about chess tactics and strategies to improve your game.

Message me if you would like more information on this, it may be exactly what you're looking for. I encourage other players on the site to participate in my blog any way they would like.

I am still working on a title and preparing material for the launch so now would be a great time to build some support.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 11:57
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I don't want to play blitz, but I used to be able to spend an hour on this site, making a move or two and reading forum threads in between moves. Now that the public forums are virtually dead there needs to be other stuff on the site, such as a collection of tactics problems or chess lessons. I've seen this on other chess sites. How about it Russ?
    I've got a new board UI nearing completion - it looks a lot like the current board - but is actually a complete re-write (and supports drag and drop). The new code will hopefully allow me to add a puzzle section, if people want it, with relative ease. I'll give it some thought. Can't think of any reason not to add it right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree