1. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 12:13
    Seeing one or two threads there are issues that are long overdue that the moderators should implement.

1. this page http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php should list all of the site moderators without fear or favour. I've seen a mention of Tebb but he is not on that page. People should not have "Kangaroo Court" powers unless they are officially known to the community.

2. EGTB whether Nalimov or Thompson or Shredder or bitbases should be expressly banned under the TOS like GameKnot have done.

3. Implement a rating restriction to avoid people posting useless Open Invites. What would happen if 100 yahoos did that filling the page and denying others that chance to post their own?

4. Lock threads where users are trolling. A user misquotes one of the moderators to say that an opening novelty cannot be used.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 12:50
    Originally posted by jsmith
    Seeing one or two threads there are issues that are long overdue that the moderators should implement.

1. this page http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php should list all of the site moderators without fear or favour. I've seen a mention of Tebb but he is not on that page. People should not have "Kangaroo Court" powers unless they are officially known to the community.

For your information, I resigned my position as a game mod about 6 months ago and my name was immediately removed from the list of volunteers. I'm sure that the "Kangaroo Court" is getting along fine without me.

But I agree with your suggestions.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 16:02
    4. Lock threads where users are trolling. A user misquotes one of the moderators to say that an opening novelty cannot be used.
    Thread locking is a horrible idea that has almost ruined the firumes at another site.

(I rather suspect that you misunderstand that misquoting and misunderstanding are not trolling; nor are legitimate questions and queries in search of understanding. The post in question that you are referencing sought to raise issues with the comments of a moderator. It did not misquote, in fact, it did not quote at all. A subsequent post clarifies this.)

You are advocating a vision of paranoid moderators that characterizes another site (presumably the source for your ideas).
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 19:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 21:27

If someone misunderstands a post and expresses confusion then he is perfectly justified to raise a query.

Stop trying to score points, silly boy.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 23:59
    Troll
  7. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 00:11
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    If someone misunderstands a post and expresses confusion then he is perfectly justified to raise a query.

Stop trying to score points, silly boy.
    What points were you scoring asking for 2500 players when there are none here? Next time ask your mama for permission before you come and make a fool outa yourself.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 01:46
    What points were you scoring asking for 2500 players when there are none here? Next time ask your mama for permission before you come and make a fool outa yourself.
    Maybe he was trying to illustrate the nonsense that is possible.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 04:55
    Nice to see the insight of a month old account.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 06:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    and the grammar!

"like GameKnot have done"
  11. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 08:59
    What did you what me to do, sing the haka? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haka Idea no 4 would be very useful particularly after the second response in the post.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 09:01
    What did you what me to do, sing the haka? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haka Idea no 4 would be very useful particularly after the second response in the post.
    What was your previous account called?
  13. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 09:111 edit
    What was your previous account called?
    Are you a guy or a girl and are you the one who filled the Site Ideas with trash in a tantrum? Did you want me to do the Ka Mate? I think I know you on another site get back to my PM.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 11:08
    Are you a guy or a girl and are you the one who filled the Site Ideas with trash in a tantrum? Did you want me to do the Ka Mate? I think I know you on another site get back to my PM.
    🙄
  15. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 11:31
    Most of us don't have a reliable readily available link to the dead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree