1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 20:501 edit
    I don't think new members with a provisional status of 1200 should be allowed in the banded tournaments. you never know what this person's rating will be after a week or two. Its not fair that a provisional player enters a 1000 to 1299 banded or something and they are really a 1500 or greater player. we don't know it and get our butts kicked in. you enter a banded tournament because you actually have a chance and you know what your up against - players of around the same level as you. then you get a game with a p1200 and get destroyed, next week you see that same player is now at 1500 or so. not fair
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 22:02
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I don't think new members with a provisional status of 1200 should be allowed in the banded tournaments. you never know what this person's rating will be after a week or two. Its not fair that a provisional player enters a 1000 to 1299 banded or something and they are really a 1500 or greater player. we don't know it and get our butts kicked in. you ente ...[text shortened]... a p1200 and get destroyed, next week you see that same player is now at 1500 or so. not fair
    I was under the impression that Russ banned p players from banded tournaments ages ago.

You should send feedback explaining the situation.

D
  3. The sky
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 22:03
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I don't think new members with a provisional status of 1200 should be allowed in the banded tournaments. you never know what this person's rating will be after a week or two. Its not fair that a provisional player enters a 1000 to 1299 banded or something and they are really a 1500 or greater player. we don't know it and get our butts kicked in. you ente ...[text shortened]... a p1200 and get destroyed, next week you see that same player is now at 1500 or so. not fair
    Strange, I thought this wasn't possible. I seem to remember that I couldn't enter banded tournaments when my rating was still provisional. But I see there are several provisional players in at least one of the banded tournaments. Could that be a bug?
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 22:58
    It has been going on for quite some time now. I think I can count in months already.
    But it might have something to do with the 5 games rule. At that point one has the rating of p1200 (or is it 1200p?). After those five you'll get a rating that is more indicative, like p1196 or something. I think one can still enter a banded tournament after those five games. But i believe I saw a p1200 once (although it might have been someone coincidentally having a rating of 1200 even though more than those five games have finished).
  5. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 23:23
    Originally posted by Aiko
    It has been going on for quite some time now. I think I can count in months already.
    It has never been possible for me to enter banded tournaments, with the one exception of http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=939
    Xmas 2005 Banded Speedy Grand 1750-1849 Open

In this case "banded" in the title was a mistake, and it was actually "open".

Gezza
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 23:37
    Yes, I can recall that. I even informed the site initiatives about it, it was acknowledge to be a mistake but still it was not corrected. Anyway, I have noticed that tournament and I can tell you it was not in that one (but it might have been in one of the 'real' banded tournaments within a near tournament id number. The Halloween banded ones, or one of the Xmax ones.

But that will be impossible to verify now, weeks later, and possibly a lot of complete games later.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 12:55
    There are 3 in the January 06 0-1249 banded. the one in my pool started at p1200 and had maybe 3 completed games at the start of the tourney. its not like this player is a superstar or anything, it just bothers me that the true ability level is not known yet
  8. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Jan '06 20:51
    The provisional player in my banded tournament (up to 1249) is now up to 1300. should this be allowed, can this player be removed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree