1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:55
    Originally posted by Tiago Silva
    it would be great for people who have a life beyond this site.. i sure like it..

but i'm realistic. most of this guys wouldn't let their mothers be a subscriber for less of what they paid.

Its a shame really, plus, its not like the administration deserve ppl to pay... what was the last thing they made for the site? let me see random color option n ...[text shortened]... a great feat... from what i see ouroboros has done more addons for the site than the admins.
    As a non-subscriber you don't get half of the features that are available, simple really..
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:552 edits
    Originally posted by Chris
    I would be interested on your thoughts as to whether this would be welcome.
    I wouldn't welcome it, unless it was only for a human + engine v human + engine unrated section of the site.

D
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 13:57
    We are considering allowing RHP to be listed at http://www.sharkwaters.com/ which is a clearing house for players who wish to bet on online games. It is based on the model that all participants must report the same result or no money changes hands and any disputes result in the refunding of all stakes to all participants.

It would only increase cheating.

Please no.

It's chess, not online poker.
  4. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 14:14
    We are considering allowing RHP to be listed at http://www.sharkwaters.com/ which is a clearing house for players who wish to bet on online games. It is based on the model that all participants must report the same result or no money changes hands and any disputes result in the refunding of all stakes to all participants.

What if someone won a lot of money, was paid by the people who he beat, but was later found to be cheating? The consequences would be horrendous.

Imagine if this cheat were then to vanish from the site, taken his ill-gotten winnings. Will RHP reimburse all the people who have lost money?
  5. Florida
    Moves
    22 Nov '06 15:00

I would not like to see this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree