PDA Acessibility

PDA Acessibility

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TP
Leak-Proof

under the sink

Moves
25 Aug 05

disclaimer: I'm not terribly technically savvy, so if I sat something here that doesn't make sense, be gentle....

I recently installed a new DHL modem that also has wireless networking capability, so now I can access the internet with my iPAQ (Pocket PC) while I'm sitting on the patio enjoying the nice weather. I'd like to be able to play chess while I'm doing that, but unfortunately even with the Board set to be as small as possible, I still can't get it all to be on one screen at a time.

I vaguely remember Russ talking about a PDA-compatible version of RHP being in the works, and I'm wondering if that has made it into th4 Beta-testing (or better) stage yet. Anybody know anything?

(I will also leave feedback, so you don't have to post that message....)

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
26 Aug 05

Originally posted by The Plumber
disclaimer: I'm not terribly technically savvy, so if I sat something here that doesn't make sense, be gentle....

I recently installed a new DHL modem that also has wireless networking capability, so now I can access the internet with my iPAQ (Pocket PC) while I'm sitting on the patio enjoying the nice weather. I'd like to be able to play chess ...[text shortened]... body know anything?

(I will also leave feedback, so you don't have to post that message....)
Can you download the Opera browser for Mac? If so, I think it allows you to size pages to fit the device...might work.

TP
Leak-Proof

under the sink

Moves
28 Aug 05

Originally posted by ivangrice
Can you download the Opera browser for Mac? If so, I think it allows you to size pages to fit the device...might work.
I don't know.... Russ replied to my feedback comment and indicated the PDA version is coming soon.

I'm learning more about this PDA browser thingy. Some websites (e.g. Google) automatically identify that I'm using a PDA and provide a different interface that's more suitable.

TP
Leak-Proof

under the sink

Moves
01 Dec 05

Russ - any update on when the PDA version is coming out?