1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 17:53
    I propose that PGN comments be moved to the side of the board where there is more room for them.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25f3987.png
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 20:05
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I propose that PGN comments be moved to the side of the board where there is more room for them.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25f3987.png
    If all previous pgn forum posts automatically 'accommodated' this change then it's a sensible use of the otherwise limited space...
  3. e4
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 01:13
    If it aint bust then don't fix it.

It works, it they start tinkering and tampering then the notes will start
    appearing in other threads or even upside down.

Leave well alone.

I'd like a colour thingy though so you can highlight a weak square, a long
    diagonal/open file, loose piece etc. But that is light years away.
    First the RHP DB must get updated.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 01:45
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    If it aint bust then don't fix it.

It works, it they start tinkering and tampering then the notes will start
    appearing in other threads or even upside down.

Leave well alone.

I'd like a colour thingy though so you can highlight a weak square, a long
    diagonal/open file, loose piece etc. But that is light years away.
    First the RHP DB must get updated.
    It's busted. Sometimes the comments don't even come up when they're supposed to. I had to look at the PGN source to see some of them when I read your blog.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 02:16
    Wonder what's happening to the new you-beaut user interface that we were promised light-years ago?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 02:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Wonder what's happening to the new you-beaut user interface that we were promised light-years ago?
    Yes, I've been keeping a close eye \ ear and whatever else is 'needed' on all this, for some time now..it really is 'imminent' though. There is obviously a lot more detail involved than we could imagine....wellllll, it is for those of us that don't know one end of the 'mighty code' from another 😀
    The actual visual appearance won't be so dramatic but saying that, there will be lots of new animations ( including 'drag and drop', I guess that's called an animation also..perhaps, I've no idea ) so the 'impact on the code is huge'..Russ said that it really IS a major release, the biggest so far, and he wanted to get it just so...but, as of April this year, there were some pretty big issues with the conditional move interface, so he decided to totally re engineer the way it works..
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 14:29
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Russ tells the regulars at the pub about the beautiful new interface every night.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 18:18
    This suggestion is now a reality for Greasemonkey users:

Thread 149178
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 19:47
    This suggestion is now a reality for Greasemonkey users:

Thread 149178
    It looks good...it's a shame I just can't make friends with firefox. IF there was a chrome version; 🙂
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    It looks good...it's a shame I just can't make friends with firefox. IF there was a chrome version; 🙂
    I read somewhere that chrome may soon (if it doesn't already) support greasemonkey scripts.

Edit: I am curious - what does Chrome have that Firefox does not?
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 01:02
    I read somewhere that chrome may soon (if it doesn't already) support greasemonkey scripts.

Edit: I am curious - what does Chrome have that Firefox does not?
    It's just easier to work with, all in...it fires up so so quickly, 3 or 4 seconds..it has one process per tab and you can search the web directly from the address bar.. and the pages just load that much quicker, taken from my own experiences with most other browsers ( and I include Safari with the mac also )..Firefox was never overly slow loading or anything but it takes its time launching.. to be honest they're becoming more and more alike these days, BUT it still makes me cringe when I think how long I stuck with I.E. Never again lol.

Oh, I just looked and apparently the 'V8 JavaScript engine' is something to write home about with chrome also 😉
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 01:34
    I'm interested in other folks' experiences here. I once installed Google Chrome but had so many crashes and system failures that I uninstalled and went back to Firefox, which is admittedly slow to load and very occasionally becomes a memory hog, but still my browser of choice. I don't like searching directly from the address bar because it tends to head straight for a webpage with that name, which is probably not what I'm looking for, instead of giving me choices the way the search bar does. With a wide screen there's plenty of room for both.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Oct '12 01:59
    It's just easier to work with, all in...it fires up so so quickly, 3 or 4 seconds..it has one process per tab and you can search the web directly from the address bar.. and the pages just load that much quicker, taken from my own experiences with most other browsers ( and I include Safari with the mac also )..Firefox was never overly slow loading or anyt ...[text shortened]... d apparently the 'V8 JavaScript engine' is something to write home about with chrome also 😉
    You can search from the address bar in Firefox, too, although I like the search box, because I've got a few different search engines in it: dictionaries, IMDB, Google Encrypted, etc.

The one process per tab would be nice if a page crashes, to be sure.

But my main reason for using Firefox is: Ad-Block.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 03:121 edit
    The script works on Chrome. Just add the Tampermonkey extension first and you're good to go.

Wow, and Chrome has Ad-block as well.
  15. Joined
    28 Sep '12
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 19:47
    how do you get a game analyzed when nothing seems to read the pgn ????

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree