1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 12:151 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is this some kind of chicken race?
    The one quitting first is losing?

And you think this is within topic? Remember the thred title "Philosophy forum". This has nothing to do with any Philosophy forum.

This is boring me. I stop here. You win. Happy? 😛
    Edited out.

Peace.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 09:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Please learn the meaning of the words before using them.
    he is kinda right, you were trolling. this thread was about whether you would like a separate thread where you would discuss the meaning of life from points other than religion related. not about whether fabian is or not trolling the spirituality forum.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 09:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think the Spirituality Forum should be re-dubbed the Philosophy Forum.
    and maybe that shouldn't be such a bad idea. now i am a little uncomfortable starting a "discuss the philosophy of the matrix movies" in the spirituality forum. but it would be no problem for a "praise jesus" thread in the philosophy forum.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 09:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is kinda right, you were trolling. this thread was about whether you would like a separate thread where you would discuss the meaning of life from points other than religion related. not about whether fabian is or not trolling the spirituality forum.
    The topic also concerned the quality of the spirituality forum, so it's not even off-topic.

Besides off-topic =/=> trolling.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 11:08
    The topic also concerned the quality of the spirituality forum, so it's not even off-topic.

Besides off-topic =/=> trolling.
    the topic doesn't concern the spirituality forum, doesn't have anything to do with it. i asked for a philosophy forum and never have i asked if it could replace the spirituality forum.

fabian expressed concern that a philosophy forum would be having problems from ID's and YEC's and whatever. then you became a troll and posted something off-topic and triggered a response from him that took the matter even more off-topic. and you continue to be a troll because you triggered a response from me as well (this response).

Well you are at least a very talented troll, you managed to make two victims. So i congratulate you and admit defeat.
    happy?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 11:242 edits
    the topic doesn't concern the spirituality forum, doesn't have anything to do with it. i asked for a philosophy forum and never have i asked if it could replace the spirituality forum.

fabian expressed concern that a philosophy forum would be having problems from ID's and YEC's and whatever. then you became a troll and posted something off-topic and trig ...[text shortened]... ted troll, you managed to make two victims. So i congratulate you and admit defeat.
    happy?
    Jesus, people, can you grasp simple logic?

Just look at your original post. You mention the Spirituality forum by name and clearly imply its quality is poor because of "YECs and people who yell at them". So it was not off-topic for me to comment that the quality of Spirituality was more ruined by Fabian's comments than YECs.
  7. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 19:08
    Jesus people
    They're normally called Christians.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 20:01
    Up til now we have 22 postings of which 4 is on-topic. The rest is about trolling, off-topic postings, and accusations and defending...

Please, can we stay on topic...? Please?

I think this is an important issue, too important to throw it away with off-topic, non interesting postings.

I think ( now on-topic) that Spritual matters is only a subset of Philosophy matters. So why not change the Forum name from Spiritual to Philosphy? There is many others phenomena that can be described philosophicly, like number theory, Last-thursdayism, Kirkegaard and his wife, Astrology, Matrix, and the existance of the electron... And Spiritual matters too...

We clearly need a Philosophy Forum.
  9. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 20:10
    we should get russ to have a vote we hadnt had one in a while
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 19:01

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 20:02

12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Oct '08 22:47

13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 08:43
    Jesus, people, can you grasp simple logic?

Just look at your original post. You mention the Spirituality forum [b]by name
    and clearly imply its quality is poor because of "YECs and people who yell at them". So it was not off-topic for me to comment that the quality of Spirituality was more ruined by Fabian's comments than YECs.[/b]
    i also mentioned that debates should be named politics, why didn't you took a jab at that? i could have mentioned the sky was blue, would you have debated that?

you just saw an opportunity to take a swing at fabian.(a part of being a troll) you understood very well that the topic of this was if we could use a philosophy forum because what we have right now is inadequate.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 08:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Up til now we have 22 postings of which 4 is on-topic. The rest is about trolling, off-topic postings, and accusations and defending...

Please, can we stay on topic...? Please?

I think this is an important issue, too important to throw it away with off-topic, non interesting postings.

I think ( now on-topic) that Spritual matters is only a subset ...[text shortened]... existance of the electron... And Spiritual matters too...

We clearly need a Philosophy Forum.
    yes, i agree. as long as it is made clear that philosophy forum includes the spirituality, so people wanting to post YEC stuff are free to do so.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 09:35
    i also mentioned that debates should be named politics, why didn't you took a jab at that?
    Because I had nothing to say about Debates, but I had something to say about Spirituality.

It's pathetic that you think one has to comment on everything the OP said to be on topic. Especially when the debates comment was clearly a glancing one and not the main point of this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree