Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    02 Jan '05 12:19 / 1 edit
    As an alternative to the 300 game graph could we toggle between two pie charts, one that shows the win % against ratings, banded from 1200 to 2400 in 200 increments, and also a loss %, for all the players games. I think this would give a more accurate picture.
  2. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    02 Jan '05 12:42
    Mmmm, pie.

    Yes.
  3. 02 Jan '05 16:42
    Originally posted by Exy
    As an alternative to the 300 game graph could we toggle between two pie charts, one that shows the win % against ratings, banded from 1200 to 2400 in 200 increments, and also a loss %, for all the players games. I think this would give a more accurate picture.
    I think this is a good idea. It would be helpfull if there were something that gives an accurate reading for this. I would like to know if someones rating is made up from beating players rated much lower than thier rating.


    I am still waiting to be able to download everygame I have played in pgn. Has anything been done with this?

    Mike
  4. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    02 Jan '05 18:12
    It would be possible to do this only if the players' ratings at the time of that games are completed is captured and held, but I've just realised I'm pretty sure it's not so I don't think it could actually be done, which is a shame.
  5. 02 Jan '05 23:57
    Originally posted by Exy
    It would be possible to do this only if the players' ratings at the time of that games are completed is captured and held, but I've just realised I'm pretty sure it's not so I don't think it could actually be done, which is a shame.
    Ratings are indeed captured at the point the gane ends. You can see this if you move the pointer over the ratings graph.
  6. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    03 Jan '05 00:11
    You're right. Well, if this could be done it would be very useful.
  7. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    30 Jan '05 23:50
    Originally posted by Exy
    As an alternative to the 300 game graph could we toggle between two pie charts, one that shows the win % against ratings, banded from 1200 to 2400 in 200 increments, and also a loss %, for all the players games. I think this would give a more accurate picture.
    Anybody else think this might be an improvement?
  8. Standard member Arrakis
    D_U_N_E
    31 Jan '05 01:44
    Originally posted by Exy
    As an alternative to the 300 game graph could we toggle between two pie charts, one that shows the win % against ratings, banded from 1200 to 2400 in 200 increments, and also a loss %, for all the players games. I think this would give a more accurate picture.
    Great idea Exy!!!
  9. Standard member MIODude
    me, not you
    31 Jan '05 02:41
    Or, even something where we could get the raw data., then we could export to excel and create our own pie charts.
  10. Standard member jimmyb270
    Top Gun
    31 Jan '05 13:31
    Originally posted by rapalla7

    I am still waiting to be able to download everygame I have played in pgn. Has anything been done with this?
    If you go to 'My Games', in the top right is a link saying 'e-mail my games'. Click it and it does exactly what it says on the tin.