1. Joined
    23 Feb '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 13:45
    I would love to see an intelligent means of being able to analyze game piece value at different stages of the game. Although the following generally applies at all times:

i.e.
    * 9 : Queen
    * 5 : Rook
    * 3 : Bishop
    * 3 : Knight
    * 1 : Pawn

It is such that as you advance from open - mid - end game that each pieces potential value is influenced by the layout of the board and the remaining pieces on the board. It would be nice to have some means of reviewing this during the playback of old games. It would also be useful to provide a total piece value below the playing board so you can see without looking at individual pieces how the game weighs up.

- shadow.
  2. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 13:58
    Originally posted by shadowofthewind
    I would love to see an intelligent means of being able to analyze game piece value at different stages of the game. Although the following generally applies at all times:

i.e.

It is such that as you advance from open - mid - end game that each pieces pote ...[text shortened]... g board so you can see without looking at individual pieces how the game weighs up.

- shadow.
    If you're using Firefox and Greasemonkey, there is a script to display the overall captured piece value below the board. You can find it at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 15:30
    Originally posted by shadowofthewind

i.e.

It is such that as you advance from open - mid - end game that each pieces pote ...[text shortened]... g board so you can see without looking at individual pieces how the game weighs up.

- shadow.
    These figures are misleading, please do not put them anywhere near my games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree