1. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 17:18
    i think that there should be a button to request your opponent to move. because some people that play in tournys(or other games i guess) will be losing a game and dont move until the time runs out. and i understand if you have like 100 or more games you need more time, but for people that have like 30 games i look at there games and the only game left untouched will be my game with the person and there are 100% losing y not move or give up?
  2. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 17:37
    Don't we already have this?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by O Artem O
    i think that there should be a button to request your opponent to move. because some people that play in tournys(or other games i guess) will be losing a game and dont move until the time runs out. and i understand if you have like 100 or more games you need more time, but for people that have like 30 games i look at there games and the only game left untouched will be my game with the person and there are 100% losing y not move or give up?
    If you don't want to take on more games, you could always play some blitz while you are waiting for your opponent to move.

EDIT: I think you seem like you could take on some more games! 😉
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 19:39
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    Don't we already have this?
    Yes, I use to use it all the time, until people started messaging me, telling me not to bother, they would move when they felt like it, not when I wanted them to. So I don't bother alerting anymore, I just wait till the time runs out and click the skull. 😉
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 19:47
    I never read reminders, and I never remind my opponents.
    If I see a skull, I click it.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 20:10
    Do you think that if their intent is to let the time run out that they will change their mind just because you sent them a msg?
  7. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 23:06
    Turn your idea round for a moment - How would you like to be 'requested to move' five minutes after your opponent had, just because they're impatient in a game that had a 14 day timeout?
    The time controls are part of the game - if you want faster games, choose shorter time controls - or get more games and use the time controls properly. This is correspondence chess after all.
  8. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 00:32
    i am not complaining when someone dosent move for 1-3 days but when they constantly move in all other games but not in mine(where they are losing) then i mind
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 05:20
    i am not complaining when someone dosent move for 1-3 days but when they constantly move in all other games but not in mine(where they are losing) then i mind
    Still their desicion.
    As long it is within the times they can cose to move in the last very second if they want.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 06:19
    Nagging someone to move just makes them even less likely to do so.

Consider playing 1 day per move with some timebank for emergencies if you want faster games.
  11. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 07:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I never read reminders, and I never remind my opponents.
    If I see a skull, I click it.
    same but at first i didnt know why there was a skull there. then i found out
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 17:00
    Originally posted by jacko11
    same but at first i didnt know why there was a skull there. then i found out
    The skulls are there of one sole reason - they are fun to click! 🙂
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 18:16
    Good idea!

Along these lines, I'd also like the button to have a descriptor underneath it which reads: Click This to be an A-Hole
  14. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 20:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Good idea!

Along these lines, I'd also like the button to have a descriptor underneath it which reads: Click This to be an A-Hole
    lol
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 17:23
    were you one of those kids that would freak out when the teacher didn't quite rub off the whole word on the chalkboard?...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree