1. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 10:05
    Originally posted by slimjim
    I don't drink diet coke so theres no way I would humiliate my family. Diet coke I hear tastes like horse urine.
    If it did I would drink horse piss, not Diet Coke.
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 10:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 17:13
    Originally posted by jsmith

[b]Edit: Its not pointless, its stupid to post such an invite.
    Those who do so should undergo an immediate psychological evaluation unless they can convince us its not their children posting these ridiculous invites.[/b]
    "No need to hurl childish insults" from User 336552 player profile.
  4. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 19:07
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    "No need to hurl childish insults" from User 336552 player profile.
    To be fair, his spelling is very good. Just lost a few marks on punctuation. 😉
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    16 Mar '07 23:34
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why not only allow rating limits that include your current rating?
    Sometimes people want to play higher ranked people to get better...you can't learn as much playing lower-ranked players as when you play higher-ranked players...
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '07 00:43
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Sometimes people want to play higher ranked people to get better...you can't learn as much playing lower-ranked players as when you play higher-ranked players...
    Why not only allow rating limits that include your current rating?
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 23:092 edits
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Why not only allow rating limits that [b]include
    your current rating?[/b]
    No wittywonka has a point. I am currently rated 1746 (or something) I have had a rating of 1834, it isn't unreasonable for me to post an open invite for players over 1800, in fact I could realistically post invites for players over 2000. Whether one would accept the challenge is another matter. Perhaps the way forward is for open invites to have a shelf life. If noone has accepted a ratings limited invite in a fortnight (or whatever) then they are clearly not going to be accepted and the site can delete them. There is no reason to delete non ratings limited invites so they shouldn't be deleted.
  8. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 00:581 edit
    I forget who it was, but I tried challenging someone and it said, "This player is only taking challenges with rating above 9999." What the f*** man? 😕
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 04:21
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No wittywonka has a point. I am currently rated 1746 (or something) I have had a rating of 1834, it isn't unreasonable for me to post an open invite for players over 1800, in fact I could realistically post invites for players over 2000. Whether one would accept the challenge is another matter. Perhaps the way forward is for open invites to have a she ...[text shortened]... them. There is no reason to delete non ratings limited invites so they shouldn't be deleted.
    What about if we have something like "Must include highest past rating" or "Can only set limits within 200 points of their own".

And arguing that having a high past rating will make higher rated players want to play you. I wouldn't want to play DustnRodgers after he returned from a vacation as he's a very good player with a currently crap rating.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 09:32
    When I was first on this site, "open invites" were open - very few specified rating limits. Now it's almost a waste of time looking because the page is full of qualified invites. Perhaps another page for LIMITED INVITES so that the rest of us could have a go too.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 14:06
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    When I was first on this site, "open invites" were open - very few specified rating limits. Now it's almost a waste of time looking because the page is full of qualified invites. Perhaps another page for LIMITED INVITES so that the rest of us could have a go too.
    You could put your own invite there - unlimited. They always seem to be taken pretty quickly.
  12. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 18:531 edit
    Well aren't we just all rays of sunshine? 😛 'Tis nice to see that even though people disagree, they are still able to respect one another...

And I agree with the original poster, the person making the open invite is clearly hurting everyone with it, even though we all could just make our own open invites if we so wished...
  13. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 03:33
    [b]What about if we have something like "Must include highest past rating" or "Can only set limits within 200 points of their own".[b]
    what about tournaments like the Long Haul or Duels or Threesomes?
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 03:49
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    what about tournaments like the Long Haul or Duels or Threesomes?
    What about them?
  15. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 09:18
    What about them?
    What about if we have something like "Must include highest past rating" or "Can only set limits within 200 points of their own".

'nough said my Prince.

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree