1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '15 11:32
    sometimes players don't want to play new rounds in tournaments and resign a heap of games.
    Can we have an option in active tournaments in which we earned the right to proceed to give up that right?
  2. Joined
    10 May '12
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 18:14
    This is a REALLY great idea. Please implement!!!!!
  3. Here
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 16:34
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    sometimes players don't want to play new rounds in tournaments and resign a heap of games.
    Can we have an option in active tournaments in which we earned the right to proceed to give up that right?
    Why did they go in for it in the first place ??
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 20:41
    Originally posted by padger
    Why did they go in for it in the first place ??
    Because life was different then...
  5. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 01:55
    If they resign.... we win.... that's all that matters.... i am probably overlooking something?
  6. Here
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 09:24
    Originally posted by Flower04
    If they resign.... we win.... that's all that matters.... i am probably overlooking something?
    The fact that your rating goes up theirs goes down.
    Springs to mind
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 10:27
    Originally posted by padger
    The fact that your rating goes up theirs goes down.
    Springs to mind
    No, if they give up before completing two moves the rating remains unchanged.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 10:28
    Originally posted by Flower04
    Yes, that less groups are needed if people can drop out, possibly accelerating the process.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 04:47
    Yes, that less groups are needed if people can drop out, possibly accelerating the process.
    Your suggesting someone who would normally not move on would now move on to next round because you don't want to?
  10. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 11:49
    i donot see a disadvantage in any of these aspects? My English is not very good, so bare with me please:

Ratings go up and down all the time. Many have higher ratings for a while because they won by timeouts; but they will loose those points the more they play, as they don't have the abilities to defend their rating.

Moving on "undeserving" to the next round will auto-correct itself, as long as there are others around still playing. We loose against stronger players, regardless of what the ratings show. In the end, it's one's abilities that wins him the tournament.

If everybody but one has left without playing the next round = Is Equal To = nobody's around who can beat him. In which extreme case he deserves to be the winner anyway.

Yes faster rounds in tournaments due to people resigning is not a disadvantage, it just shortens the process.

People usually resign because they realized they have no chance. Their resigning doesn't really change the outcome?
  11. Joined
    10 May '12
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 18:03
    Russ make it happen

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree