1. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 00:28
    I notice how their is a total move counter beside player's names in the forums, how hard would, it be to have a total post count as well so you could figure out who are the regular posters on the board.... just an idea, so many other sites have this I don't see why we shouldn't as well.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by John1916
    I notice how their is a total move counter beside player's names in the forums, how hard would, it be to have a total post count as well so you could figure out who are the regular posters on the board.... just an idea, so many other sites have this I don't see why we shouldn't as well.
    We had that at one time. The hard part was getting rid of it.

You really don't want that feature back. It becomes a mindless competition to see who can run up the biggest number, with a total disregard for the quality of a post.

Take a good look at some of the really ignorant posts that are here now, then imagine it being ten times worse.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 01:12
    Originally posted by mwmiller

You really don't want that feature back. It becomes a mindless competition to see who can run up the biggest number, with a total disregard for the quality of a post.

Take a good look at some of the really ignorant posts that are here now, then imagine it being ten times worse.
    RNSOA
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 02:27
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    RNSOA
    Pre-feckin-cisely!
  5. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 00:44
    You could implement a forum ban for spammers if that's what you want to call them but I see where your coming from
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 03:44
    Originally posted by mwmiller

I held that top spot too for a time...and then when people saw they could spam and spam and spam...it really was bad.

All for what? Being the top poster never really carried any weight I don't think.

Those were the days...vaknso and rhymester battling it out for MAP...and spammers trying to out post each other.

I do miss vaknso though.

Dave
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 06:57
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Being the top poster never really carried any weight I don't think.
    You may have made many posts, but you were never the top poster.
  8. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 15:28
    Originally posted by Crowley
    You may have made many posts, but you were never the top poster.
    That was back when the site first opened up...I am not talking about now.

Dave
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 17:22
    That was back when the site first opened up...I am not talking about now.

Dave
    Who were you then?
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 23:56
    I held that top spot too for a time...and then when people saw they could spam and spam and spam...it really was bad.

All for what? Being the top poster never really carried any weight I don't think.

Those were the days...vaknso and rhymester battling it out for MAP...and spammers trying to out post each other.

I do miss vaknso though.

Dave
    I remember the good old day... November last year... That's about when it all started going downhill, just after you joined, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree