1. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    05 May '05 09:05
    is there / could there be a way to post a hyperlink in the forums pointing at a clan challenge?

at the moment i just paste the url but it means you have copy and paste it into the browser ... it would be a lot nicer if we could just post links as we can with gameIDs.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    05 May '05 10:471 edit
    I don't think I would. It will probably be commercially exploited. Clicking is much easier than copy and paste, so one really really wants to see that link to go through that bother. If you make it clickable you will see an increase of posted links to all kind of websites because now they can generate traffic more easily.

Oh wait, you said challenges... Euh, oh well...
  3. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    05 May '05 12:23
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I don't think I would. It will probably be commercially exploited. Clicking is much easier than copy and paste, so one really really wants to see that link to go through that bother. If you make it clickable you will see an increase of posted links to all kind of websites because now they can generate traffic more easily.

Oh wait, you said challenges... Euh, oh well...

yes certainly we don't want any old hyperlink appearing
    i'm suggesting exactly as for gameID links so it should be with clan challenge links.
    especially for big challenges it's nice to be able to comment on their progress in the forums... but currently very cumbersome to actually see the challenge page.

eg:

look, this one is CLOSE:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=36904
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 May '05 12:51
    Originally posted by murrow
    is there / could there be a way to post a hyperlink in the forums pointing at a clan challenge?

at the moment i just paste the url but it means you have copy and paste it into the browser ... it would be a lot nicer if we could just post links as we can with gameIDs.
    I like it. And I think its a new suggestion as well.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree