1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 16:11
    Apologies if this has been suggested/discussed before, but would be good to have the option to view posts in a given thread in reverse order. (In other words to have the most recent post at the top, rather than the original post).

Hope that makes sense? Am on my second glass of rioja.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 21:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Apologies if this has been suggested/discussed before, but would be good to have the option to view posts in a given thread in reverse order. (In other words to have the most recent post at the top, rather than the original post).

Hope that makes sense? Am on my second glass of rioja.
    I think that would save time. Seconded.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 03:02
    Are you aware of this?

When on the Thread List page, click the date in the "Last Post" column and you will go directly to the last page of posts in the thread. If you click on the thread title, you start on the first page.

Click here to read about it. ----> FAQ

Reversing the post order so the most current posts would always be on the first page would also make sense. It would just be a matter of getting used to the change. Maybe it could be made into a forum viewing option under "My Settings".
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Mar '15 12:28
    Thanks for that. Will click on the date from now on (where i have already been following a given thread). To have the option to reverse the order of posts though would still be of benefit. (We made such a change on another site, and although there were indeed some initial complaints, once people became accustomed to it the improvement was widely acknowledged).
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 09:18
    If this suggestion is considered I ask for this to be an option only. I like posts in order of posting!
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 16:151 edit
    I know of 0 online forums where the most recent post is on top. So, even if it is a layout improvement - new users to the site will find it confusing.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 19:43
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I know of 0 online forums where the most recent post is on top. So, even if it is a layout improvement - new users to the site will find it confusing.
    Chessworld.net forums have the most recent post on top.

But yes, some might find it confusing, so am only suggesting it as an option. (Not by default).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree