1. Gold Coast
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:39
    One problem though comes to mind. Move cycles if both players have unconditional conditional moves recorded that create a cycle. The server would just keep playing the cycle of moves until someone claimed the draw.

Maybe the server could stop after 3 cycles or whenever the "claim draw" status becomes active.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:54
    Originally posted by Simon McMahon
    One problem though comes to mind. Move cycles if both players have unconditional conditional moves recorded that create a cycle. The server would just keep playing the cycle of moves until someone claimed the draw.

Maybe the server could stop after 3 cycles or whenever the "claim draw" status becomes active.
    The move number should be included in the conditional. That way, playing 17.Re4 is not the same as 19.Re4, even though the move would repeat the position.
  3. Gold Coast
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 05:26
    yes, and I think conditionals are one-shot only anyway so probably never was a risk of move cycles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree