1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '06 08:211 edit
    When a new tournament is presented (but not started) and is "Open to new entrants" - in the start column, it says only "n/a" instead of a date.

I would like to have a preliminary starting date instead of "n/a".

Why? If I'm about to start my vacation, or have to choose between various tournaments, or eagerly wating the torunament to start, this information is very much wanted.

A preliminary starting date could be indicated by a small p, like "2006-05-22 p".

Thank you.
  2. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    19 May '06 09:25
    Good idea. But then Russ would be getting all the complaints about Tournament starting early/not starting on time/fully subscribed but still not started etc etc.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '06 10:592 edits
    Originally posted by malinga
    Good idea. But then Russ would be getting all the complaints about Tournament starting early/not starting on time/fully subscribed but still not started etc etc.
    I se it only as a preliminare starting date. If the tournament is filled too early, then it's ok to be started. If it's not filled but over the minimum limit, it can be started anyway, if it is not filled to the minimum then it is ok to wait more then the preliminary date.

The latest tornament I entered, May 06 Grouped Banded 1450-1499, I had to wait indefinitly (it felt like that before it started), If I only knew approximatly the date I would be happier.
  4. Standard memberbosintang
    perpetualEditMonkey
    Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '06 03:55
    Great idea. Even better: Have two dates. A mimimum start date and a maximum start date.

The thing about starting new tournaments is that you'll get so many new games at once, so its good to know when you should be expecting these to start.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree