1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 11:11
    When you select a part of the post you wish to quote and then preview it, when you then post it, it reverts to the whole post being quoted.

My site idea is that it shouldn't do that.
  2. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    19 Jun '09 18:44
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    When you select a part of the post you wish to quote and then preview it, when you then post it, it reverts to the whole post being quoted.

My [b]site idea
    is that it shouldn't do that.[/b]
    I've noticed that. This should be fixed.
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '09 18:40

My [b]site idea
    Agreed, recc'ed. Preview, then removing the preview tick should post exactly what is shown.

I vaguely recall already making this comment.
    G.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 20:22

My [b]site idea
    I think it should show the whole post as it was originally made by the poster, however the part of the post you want to refer to should be highlighted.

This would stop things being taken out of context, and/or "fixed".
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '09 09:59
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I think it should show the whole post as it was originally made by the poster, however the part of the post you want to refer to should be highlighted.

This would stop things being taken out of context, and/or "fixed".
    Good point but we are warned about "fiddling" with quotes.

"Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban"
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 18:45
    Good idea - I agree.

rec'd

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree