1. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    02 May '08 09:08
    I couldn't find any suggestion on it in the first 10 pages, so a new thread

    In Clans (and Clubs now too) we have Private Forums..
    Unlike the Public Forums, we have no Forum List (different sections like General, Tournaments, ect)..
    At first that's no problem, but when the amount of threads increases, it gets more difficult to get a normal overview of what's been discussed..

    How about implementing different sections in the Private Forums!?
    Seems best to me when the Clan (Club) Leaders can create the different sections themselves, as not every Clan (Club) will have the same type of threads probably..
  2. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    15 May '08 10:21
    *Bump*

    To people who have a Private Forum (Clans / Clubs)

    Anybody who would like to have the option to create different categories in their Private Forum, so it is conveniently arranged rather than becoming a mess of various threads/topics?
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Joined
    09 May '05
    Moves
    42859
    15 May '08 10:50
    Good idea! add a maximum of like 10 catagories witch clanleaders could name thierselves.
  4. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    15 May '08 16:23
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    I couldn't find any suggestion on it in the first 10 pages, so a new thread

    In Clans (and Clubs now too) we have Private Forums..
    Unlike the Public Forums, we have no Forum List (different sections like General, Tournaments, ect)..
    At first that's no problem, but when the amount of threads increases, it gets more difficult to get a normal over ...[text shortened]... t sections themselves, as not every Clan (Club) will have the same type of threads probably..
    I am glad I don't have to check even more fora, so I am not too thrilled about the idea. What I really miss is a search function for the private fora.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    93899
    16 May '08 08:46
    There are too many forums (sorry, Nordlys, the plural of forum has two choices, and this is a modern electronic text-based usage rather than a traditional face-to-face forum so I'm going with the modern plural form) and I keep coming across the same content in forum after forum.

    I've removed myself from several clubs already, but still have far too many places to visit. Private forums need at most two sections: administrative (notices and the like, that everyone needs to see, plus a single Introduce Yourself thread) and other (everything else, which will stay visible as long as anyone is interested).
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    93899
    16 May '08 08:50
    Off-topic, the public forum structure needs a bit of work along those lines too. I don't even read announcements anymore because most of the announcements aren't even in there. and there's a lot of superfluous comment as well. I have a "Russ says" shortcut in my Favourites as a substitute, giving me only Russ's public forum posts and none of the responses.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    16 May '08 09:11
    What about simply granting the ability for the private forum moderator to create sticky threads?

    That could be used for most of the issues raised here.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    93899
    16 May '08 10:01
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What about simply granting the ability for the private forum moderator to create sticky threads?

    That could be used for most of the issues raised here.
    That sounds like a good solution everyone should go for.
  9. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Joined
    23 May '05
    Moves
    163522
    16 May '08 14:52
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    That sounds like a good solution everyone should go for.
    bump
  10. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    17 May '08 09:02
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    There are too many forums (sorry, Nordlys, the plural of forum has two choices, and this is a modern electronic text-based usage rather than a traditional face-to-face forum so I'm going with the modern plural form) and I keep coming across the same content in forum after forum.

    I've removed myself from several clubs already, but still have far too ma ...[text shortened]... thread) and other (everything else, which will stay visible as long as anyone is interested).
    Sorry Miss, Clubs and their Forums probably have less priority..

    But for CLANS I think it's really added value!
  11. Amsterdam
    Joined
    04 Feb '06
    Moves
    48602
    17 May '08 09:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What about simply granting the ability for the private forum moderator to create sticky threads?

    That could be used for most of the issues raised here.
    Nah, when I look at the Private Forum of Amsterdamn Clan, then I simply need different sections.. 🙂

    With a sticky thread, still all subjects are all over the place..
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    794652
    20 May '08 18:25
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Sorry Miss, Clubs and their Forums probably have less priority..

    But for [b]CLANS
    I think it's really added value![/b]
    Surely with time the clubs need would be greater than the clans needs due to the number of potential posters and logically the no. of threads & subject matter. eg some clubs have over 300 members opposed to a max. of 20 in a clan.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    20 May '08 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Surely with time the [b]clubs need would be greater than the clans needs due to the number of potential posters and logically the no. of threads & subject matter. eg some clubs have over 300 members opposed to a max. of 20 in a clan.[/b]
    Amsterdamn just enjoys not enjoying clubs. Ignore him. I actually suggested this idea of sub forums for clubs when Russ first instituted them.
    Thread 88737 (Last Post Page 2)

    If Russ makes the change, I think it would cover clubs and clans (any form of private forum).

    P-
Back to Top