Profiles

Profiles

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
20 Apr 14

How about on profiles for someone's losses it shows the percentage of resigned games Compared to their checkmated games for that person.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Apr 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
How about on profiles for someone's losses it shows the percentage of resigned games Compared to their checkmated games for that person.
What exactly would you gain from that information?

To me it would be quite useless.

A person with a lot of resignations as compared to checkmates could be a person entering a lot of tournaments and resigning due to gameload. Or it could be a player who sees when there is no hope.

A person having a lot of checkmates as opposed to resginations could be a player who stubbornly holds on until checkmate (their good right) or a person not realizing that they will be checkmated or a person trying to give the opponent the option to play out the win...

R

California

Moves
23 Apr 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
What exactly would you gain from that information?

To me it would be quite useless.

A person with a lot of resignations as compared to checkmates could be a person entering a lot of tournaments and resigning due to gameload. Or it could be a player who sees when there is no hope.

A person having a lot of checkmates as opposed to resginations cou ...[text shortened]... hey will be checkmated or a person trying to give the opponent the option to play out the win...
It might let me know if I want to challenge that person.

Some sites show the percentage of people disconnecting from the game. So that's like showing that they would leave the game and let the time run out.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
23 Apr 14

Is "losses by timeout" insufficient?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
So, in other words, you want a new benchmark by which you can discriminate against other players.

Ummm, no.

R

California

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
So, in other words, you want a new benchmark by which you can discriminate against other players.

Ummm, no.
No that's what the flags are for 😉