Raise the age

Raise the age

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
16 Mar 07

I'm so sick of this 13 year old minimum age rubbish. I suggest we raise the age to 16 so that we can talk about subjects like sex without fear of imbecilic moderation due to alerts from gigantic mammaries who think we're polluting the minds of the young.

Amend to ToS!

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
16 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
I'm so sick of this 13 year old minimum age rubbish. I suggest we raise the age to 16 so that we can talk about subjects like sex without fear of imbecilic moderation due to alerts from gigantic mammaries who think we're polluting the minds of the young.

Amend to ToS!
Sounds good to me. I'd much prefer the old forums than the ones we have now. I miss the laughter. :'(

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
16 Mar 07

Amend to ToS!
How about making it an 18 year old minimum age requirement instead.

j
Some guy

Moves
16 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by slimjim
How about making it an 18 year old minimum age requirement instead.
Why don't we just feed all our children to the lions so we don't have to deal with them?

Seriously... chess is a great game for kids to learn and play, and quite frankly, kids often find trouble finding people their own skill level to play with.

In my mind the 13-year old limit is too high, if anything. You guys can control yourselves.

If anything, allow kids but block access to the forums for those under N years of age.

DS

Moves
17 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by joneschr

If anything, allow kids but block access to the forums for those under N years of age.
I think the idea is meant for the forums.

I agree with the idea, by the way.

i

Moves
17 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by joneschr
chess is a great game for kids to learn and play, and quite frankly, kids often find trouble finding people their own skill level to play with.

In my mind the 13-year old limit is too high, if anything.
I couldn't say it better. I suggest 6 years as a minimal age. That's good age to start chess. And block forums for those under 16.

S

Moves
17 Mar 07

To clarify, I intended this to apply to the forums only. I suggested 16 because it is the legal age for sex in the UK, I understand it may differ in other countries and might have to be raised to say 18.

F

Moves
17 Mar 07
1 edit

To clarify, I intended this to apply to the forums only. I suggested 16 because it is the legal age for sex in the UK, I understand it may differ in other countries and might have to be raised to say 18.
If they want to have sex at RHP, the 16 years limit is fine. (*sorry, joking*)

I say that minors can be very mature, so as long they behave and is not offended by the language here, then they can stay. But if some minor individual is trying to make the forum to their personal playground, then mildly push them out from the forum until they are x years of age.

On the other hand, some of the 16+, 30+ or even 60+ of age can be very unmature and childish. What to do with them?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Mar 07
1 edit

Amend to ToS!
I look forward to the change.

asl?

17 f America

Oh, that's cool. I'm 19.

Do you like sex?

Yes, how about you?

Sure do!

What is your favorite position...

*Pukes

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
17 Mar 07

Originally posted by iru
I couldn't say it better. I suggest 6 years as a minimal age. That's good age to start chess. And block forums for those under 16.
Russ is scared sheetless of anything to do with kids, and i don't blame him. This is a site predominately for adults, and as such they talk, act and fight like adults (nancyboy adults for the most).....a 16 minimum is acceptable for me, but impossible to prove with the click and enter system that we have. The only Plus would be that russ could set up a block that parental controls could react to....something that would be a posative move IMHO........let the kids use GK.

i

Moves
17 Mar 07

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
...let the kids use GK.
GK has same limit of 13 years. As far as I know QueenAlice is the only CC site that doesn't limit the age and that's where my kids are playing.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
17 Mar 07

Originally posted by iru
GK has same limit of 13 years. As far as I know QueenAlice is the only CC site that doesn't limit the age and that's where my kids are playing.
And that's where they are best placed.

P

Moves
17 Mar 07

[b]I'm so sick of this 13 year old minimum age rubbish. I suggest we raise the age to 16
Do you mean the age you are or the age you act?

S

Moves
18 Mar 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If they want to have sex at RHP, the 16 years limit is fine. (*sorry, joking*)

I say that minors can be very mature, so as long they behave and is not offended by the language here, then they can stay. But if some minor individual is trying to make the forum to their personal playground, then mildly push them out from the forum until they are x years o ...[text shortened]... some of the 16+, 30+ or even 60+ of age can be very unmature and childish. What to do with them?
It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with the legality of discussing adult content with minors. I'm suggesting that the forums are 16 or even 18 and over, thereby negating the need for restrictions on discussion topics.

F

Moves
18 Mar 07

It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with the legality of discussing adult content with minors. I'm suggesting that the forums are 16 or even 18 and over, thereby negating the need for restrictions on discussion topics.
Ah, it's not legal to discuss adult stuff with minors. But why not have a little symbol next to every minors name so we know when not to discuss adult things.

Adult stuff, its not only about retirement fonds, war memories, ones fear of dementia, and other stuff of that kind, is it? When one is old enough to categorize sex as memories, it's still adult stuff, isn't it? Even when they are half ones age, they are adult...?

Why not having a forum of its own, with minor restriction wher adult stuff *can* be discussed, without fear of legal technicalities. Let's call it Adult Forum, and voilà, no longer a problem.