Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 30 Nov '09 22:21
    When being challenged, or during a game, it should be specified somewhere whether the game is rated or not, don't you think
    Just a thought.
  2. Standard member sbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    01 Dec '09 01:16
    Click on the info link...
  3. 01 Dec '09 01:28 / 1 edit
    Sorry, but this is not idiot proof enough. On the game page nowhere it says "unrated". It didn't say when I was challenged the game was unrated (I even checked the game details near the bottom - on the main board this gives all the information there is, at least I thought so). Heinzkat = confused

    Game 6903011
  4. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    01 Dec '09 05:00
    The info link on the MyGames page is the only place that the rated/unrated information appears. I agree that it's annoying when you fight out a long hard battle and then find there's no rating reward at the end. It shouldn't be difficult to get the information on to the playing page, should it?
  5. 01 Dec '09 15:00
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Sorry, but this is not idiot proof enough. On the game page nowhere it says "unrated". It didn't say when I was challenged the game was unrated (I even checked the game details near the bottom - on the main board this gives all the information there is, at least I thought so). Heinzkat = confused

    Game 6903011
    nice game.
  6. 01 Dec '09 15:35
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The info link on the MyGames page is the only place that the rated/unrated information appears. I agree that it's annoying when you fight out a long hard battle and then find there's no rating reward at the end. It shouldn't be difficult to get the information on to the playing page, should it?
    Yes
  7. 01 Dec '09 15:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    nice game.
    There was quite some fireworks in the possible variations
    Thread 122372
  8. 01 Dec '09 15:55
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    There was quite some fireworks in the possible variations
    Thread 122372
    pity it wasn't rated
  9. 01 Dec '09 15:57
    Originally posted by trev33
    pity it wasn't rated
    Yes my first and last unrated game on this site
    grr
  10. 01 Dec '09 16:09
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Yes my first and last unrated game on this site [hidden]grr[/hidden]
    and so close to a 2000 rating as well, that must have made you pretty sick
  11. 01 Dec '09 16:15
    Apparently the info is NOT accessible from the game page itself - you have to click "game history" and then "game info" to find out it's unrated. Is this true?
  12. 01 Dec '09 16:17
    Originally posted by trev33
    and so close to a 2000 rating as well, that must have made you pretty sick
    Yes, would have gotten me a RHP rating record too @ 1996
  13. 01 Dec '09 16:24
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Apparently the info is NOT accessible from the game page itself - you have to click "game history" and then "game info" to find out it's unrated. Is this true?
    not sure about finished games but ongoing ones will display it in the info tab. one click. but maybe you're right it should say somewhere in the game itself. i rarely play 'friendly' games anymore but always check to see if it's rated if i didn't set the game up. i guess you'll start doing that as well.
  14. 01 Dec '09 21:15
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Yes my first and last unrated game on this site [hidden]grr[/hidden]
  15. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    06 Dec '09 14:21
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The info link on the MyGames page is the only place that the rated/unrated information appears. I agree that it's annoying when you fight out a long hard battle and then find there's no rating reward at the end. It shouldn't be difficult to get the information on to the playing page, should it?
    I disagree. When you fight a long hard battle and find out theres no rating reward in the end its just your own fault since you didnt check if the game was rated when it started.

    The rated info is on the info link on the My Games page and thats enough in my opinion. Most people play rated games mostly anyway. If you play unrated games you usually know which ones they are, and only have to look once at the info link to find that out.
    Therefor i think that also displaying the rated info on the game/playing page itself is useless. That page is already enough crowded with info that i cant see the trees true the woods anymore (:p).

    And heinzkat, when the info link displays a "No" behind "Rated" it means its an unrated game. Glad to help;o