1. Joined
    18 Jun '05
    Moves
    6610
    07 Jul '05 17:00
    Sometimes I wonder what the difference between a draw and a win or loss. If this site had a ratings calculator available for us to enter our ratings, our opponents rating and indicate a win, loss, or draw, we would see the results before we make our decision. It should be an easy add to the site and a tool that the players can use.
  2. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    Back in the UK!
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    95349
    07 Jul '05 17:551 edit
    Theres a formula on the help pages!

    Just pop that into MS Excel and bingo! Ratings calculator!

    😵
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39626
    07 Jul '05 21:10
    Originally posted by Invader
    Sometimes I wonder what the difference between a draw and a win or loss. If this site had a ratings calculator available for us to enter our ratings, our opponents rating and indicate a win, loss, or draw, we would see the results before we make our decision. It should be an easy add to the site and a tool that the players can use.
    http://www7.brinkster.com/obyrne/rhp_rc.htm

    Problem solved.
  4. Joined
    18 Jun '05
    Moves
    6610
    08 Jul '05 03:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www7.brinkster.com/obyrne/rhp_rc.htm

    Problem solved.
    Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was asking for. I thought I would have had to write it myself.

    Problem solved!
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39626
    08 Jul '05 03:35
    Originally posted by Invader
    Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was asking for. I thought I would have had to write it myself.

    Problem solved!
    Just remember though that the ratings change is based on what the player's ratings are when the game ends, not when it begins, so the figures will be approximations only.
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    08 Jul '05 03:39
    Originally posted by Invader
    Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was asking for. I thought I would have had to write it myself.

    Problem solved!
    Doesn't work properly.
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    208471
    08 Jul '05 16:24
    Indeed, on Mac OSX 10.3.9 and browser Safari 1.3 no new rating is presented. I can only see the % chance of winning.
  8. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    08 Jul '05 17:25
    In Opera, the rating shows up for a moment and then disappears.
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    08 Jul '05 21:53
    Same with Navigator.

    I suspect it's written for IE. But who in their right mind uses that nowadays?
  10. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Joined
    23 May '05
    Moves
    163528
    10 Jul '05 05:12
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Same with Navigator.

    I suspect it's written for IE. But who in their right mind uses that nowadays?
    I think you are rite. On firefox it only blinks the answer for a second.
  11. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Joined
    26 May '04
    Moves
    25748
    12 Jul '05 03:30
    Originally posted by Invader
    Sometimes I wonder what the difference between a draw and a win or loss. If this site had a ratings calculator available for us to enter our ratings, our opponents rating and indicate a win, loss, or draw, we would see the results before we make our decision. It should be an easy add to the site and a tool that the players can use.
    If you win, you rating will be higher than if you draw, and if you lose it will be lower than if you draw.

    And that, frankly, should be all you need to know to make your decision.

    If, on the other hand, you want to know what TIME to resign, or something like that, well... you can run through all sorts of permutations of your games, and calculate the result... and work out it will make less than 5 points difference. Big deal.

    Just play, and don't do your head in over the numbers.
  12. Behind ur screen
    Joined
    14 Apr '04
    Moves
    32608
    13 Jul '05 17:28
    I have an Excel page that calculates the new Rating acording to the formula in the FAQ.
    If someone needs it, message me.
  13. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    14 Jul '05 15:52
    Originally posted by mochiron
    I think you are rite.
    But I'm an atheist 😕
Back to Top