1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 11:01
    you can play a casual 'quickie' game and change your rating.

another game where you think as much for each move as the entire 'quickie' game affects your rating just as much.

i think the 'k' factor in ratings, that controls how much your rating is affected, should depend on the timelimits of the game.

it could be manipulated so that a longer game affects your game as much as several very quick games.
  2. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 11:27
    Originally posted by flexmore
    you can play a casual 'quickie' game and change your rating.

another game where you think as much for each move as the entire 'quickie' game affects your rating just as much.

i think the 'k' factor in ratings, that controls how much your rating is affected, should depend on the timelimits of the game.

it could be manipulated so that a longer game affects your game as much as several very quick games.
    in that case, surely the site would have to take into account your move frequency, so someone that moves every day in a game gains more than someone that takes two days per move...

:-)
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 11:34
    Originally posted by pineapple42
    in that case, surely the site would have to take into account your move frequency, so someone that moves every day in a game gains more than someone that takes two days per move...

:-)
    i spose it should be done on thinking time taken by the fastest moving player.... although i was thinking it could simply be based on the timelimit chosen at the start of the game.

either way i think it is just speculative ... i think russ will not do it ... just letting the idea out of my head so it stops bouncing around in there ;-)
  4. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    06 Apr '05 11:45
    Originally posted by flexmore
    i spose it should be done on thinking time taken by the fastest moving player.... although i was thinking it could simply be based on the timelimit chosen at the start of the game.

either way i think it is just speculative ... i think russ will not do it ... just letting the idea out of my head so it stops bouncing around in there ;-)
    thinking about it ...

playing you, against who i would probably not do so well, i'd take 4nS a move, thus reducing your gain for beating me :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree