1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 03:081 edit
    IMO would end the sandbagging issue once and for all, or at least make it less prevalent.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 03:45
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    IMO would end the sandbagging issue once and for all, or at least make it less prevalent.
    how would this work ?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 03:53
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    how would this work ?
    I would think a floor of approx 200 points lower than ones highest ever. Rounded to the closest 100. So for example I would not be lower than 1800, so dumping 100 games would only lower me to the 1800 level, instead of the more desireable 1200 level.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 12:22
    I would think a floor of approx 200 points lower than ones highest ever. Rounded to the closest 100. So for example I would not be lower than 1800, so dumping 100 games would only lower me to the 1800 level, instead of the more desireable 1200 level.
    However doing so would then mean that games that were "dumped" against players much lower rated would give them a greater rating rise than they were entitled too.

If you were playing say a 1300 rated player in an open tournament you would effectively be gifting them in excess of 24 points for each game.

If that happened in a few tournaments, even with different players, then a genuinely 1300 rated player could soon find themselves with a new rating in excess of 1400 or 1500 which could affect them when it comes to entering future banded tournaments.

That is the main problem with a ratings floor and probably the reason why it has not been implemented despite being requested on numerous ocassions in the past.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 19:54
    Originally posted by adramforall
    However doing so would then mean that games that were "dumped" against players much lower rated would give them a greater rating rise than they were entitled too.

If you were playing say a 1300 rated player in an open tournament you would effectively be gifting them in excess of 24 points for each game.

If that happened in a few tournaments, even ...[text shortened]... son why it has not been implemented despite being requested on numerous ocassions in the past.
    Thanks for your reply, that makes sense also.
  6. Standard memberontheclock
    Rakish Tenacity
    Crazytown
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 23:40

If that happened in a few tournaments, even ...[text shortened]... son why it has not been implemented despite being requested on numerous ocassions in the past.
    Ditto
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 00:25
    Thanks for your reply, that makes sense also.

Originally posted by ontheclock
    Ditto
    *Faints*

Complimentary comments from Metallica players 😉
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    27 Jul '11 19:40
    *Faints*

Complimentary comments from Metallica players 😉
    Tuesday is my goading day off. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree