This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 20:50
    Originally posted by kris1234
    too many people have "artifical ratings as they are using irisponsible timeouts to their advantage. i think you should only be able to timeout an opponent if s/he stops moving altogeather rather than if s/he is in a traffic jam, late back from work etc.
    Id love to see the code for the 'is late from work' validation rule
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 21:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 21:09
    no what i mean is when all their time is up the rhp server must check that they havent been recently active or not made moves on other games.
    define 'recently'
  5. Earth Prime
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 21:14
    too many people have "artifical ratings as they are using irisponsible timeouts to their advantage. i think you should only be able to timeout an opponent if s/he stops moving altogeather rather than if s/he is in a traffic jam, late back from work etc.
    Good idea. Rec!..................................................................................................................................................psyche!
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 22:121 edit
    No such thing as an irresponsible timeout - only irresponsible players who fail to adhere to the time constraints they've agreed to - AND irresponsible posters who make silly, thoughless suggestions like this in the site ideas forum, not bothering to read the hundred of threads that discuss this very topic in the very same forum... which would have explained exactly why this suggestion is so ludicrous and saved me the hassle of firstly reading the darn post and secondly saved me the hassle of typing out this mind-numbingly tedious reply.😠
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 22:22
    So my opponent couldn't time me out in a game as long as I was still active on the site?
    So I could move in other games to stop that game timing out?

It's genius.
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 01:56
    Originally posted by rhb
    define 'recently'
    good idea! rhp could do a "login check" if the player has logged in then it would be resonable to assume they could have made a move. therefore rhp could email a "time out warning"
  9. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 07:45
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    So my opponent couldn't time me out in a game as long as I was still active on the site?
    So I could move in other games to stop that game timing out?

It's genius.
    It's absolutely appalling. I don't time out if they've stopped moving for a while. But if they're moving on the site and neglecting our game, I timeout idmediately.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 07:51
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    It's absolutely appalling. I don't time out if they've stopped moving for a while. But if they're moving on the site and neglecting our game, I timeout idmediately.
    If only I had in fact meant that yet said the exact opposite in a way that could possibly be viewed as mildly humorous.
  11. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 08:00
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    If only I had in fact meant that yet said the exact opposite in a way that could possibly be viewed as mildly humorous.
    Time for an 'irony' emoticon?

(Oh, I forgot - the Yanks have no conception of irony).
  12. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 17:09
    Originally posted by xlchainsaw
    good idea! rhp could do a "login check" if the player has logged in then it would be resonable to assume they could have made a move. therefore rhp could email a "time out warning"
    Most people never log out.
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Aug '05 23:31
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Most people never log out.
    I log out 35 times per day
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 15:58
    I think people should be able to time any game out even if the other guy just moved. That way you could win more and everyone's rating would be around 2600.

P-
  15. omnipresent
    Moves
    03 Aug '05 17:00
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think people should be able to time any game out even if the other guy just moved. That way you could win more and everyone's rating would be around 2600.

P-
    play 0/0 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree