1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 00:131 edit
    Read Only Admin Thread

Russ, have you ever considered the possible ongoing benefits active public forum contributors would receive from the presence of a "Read Only Admin Thread" which would be posted to the high traffic volume General, Debates and Spirituality Forums? Its purposes would include: 1) Advance Notification of scheduled maintenance outages; 2) Announcements of new functions and/or feature enhancements; 3) Revisions to Terms of Service or FAQ (Forum Guidelines); and 4) Others as future opportunities are presented and needs occur.This "Read Only Admin Thread" would provide contact instructions for those readers with further questions. Their suggestions would still be posted here in the Site Ideas Forum. Regards, Bob

This high profile thread would be coded to remain at the top of page one on each of the three public forums listed above.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 00:24
    Isn't that why the Announcements Forum exists? Russ has enough on his plate already, I'm sure.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 00:34
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Isn't that why the Announcements Forum exists? Russ has enough on his plate already, I'm sure.
    Considered your question several days ago; then earlier today concluded that very few contributors to "the high traffic volume General, Debates and Spirituality Forums" go to "the Announcements Forum" frequently. Responsibility for this thread could be delegated to a member of Russ' admin staff with an overall net positive impact to his time management. Thanks for initiating discussion of this site idea.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Considered your question several days ago; then earlier today concluded that very few contributors to "the high traffic volume General, Debates and Spirituality Forums" go to "the Announcements Forum" frequently.
    Whose fault is that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree